Starting over, questions abound!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
My initial thought was i could use a piece the same height and length as the inside of stand on each long side (my sump is same length as my stand, barely fits!), to contain sound within the sump. Hard to explain, but I'm not doing it anyway :)

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Just fit the sump and all the stuff yup want in it. Cover the sump, get a few cans of expanding foam and let er fly. That should keep it quiet enough for ya. Lol

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Wondering how large a tank/container people are using for ato. My cube is 140g, obviously would like to fill replacement tank once a week, but thinking that's unlikely. I can fit a 20-25g tank in my stand, but just barely!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I use a 10g
I wouldn't want to go much bigger, because the possiblity of it dumping in all at once for one reason or another is very real.
When it does, you don't want the change to be devastation to the tank.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Roughly how much top off water are people needing per day? I know there are a lot of factors, but just trying to get a rough idea of how many days 10g might last.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
10g would last me about 10 days in the summer..... Probably 7-8 days in the winter....
But like you said, it depends on your system and the air quality in the house or wherever the tank is located....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Thinking of eventually getting antennata and fuzzy dwarf lions for my 140g. Anyone ever kept 2 lions in same tank? Any potential problems with doing so?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Things were moving along so well, I knew something bad was on the horizon! Stand came together well, drilled tank with no issues, built in a glass overflow without any problems. Put tank on stand, fill it up, throw on a t8 I had kickin around for fun, and voila! Scratches! About 3 of them ranging from roughly 4-6". They are on the outside, and may have been there when I got it, or maybe I put them there. Think I know the answer, but is there any way to make them at least a little less visible? Can just barely feel them with a fingernail. I probably won't notice them after awhile, but I think the wife will always see them and remind me!

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I had the same thing happen. Just got used to it. Since they are on the outside you have the option to polish/buff it out but good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk