Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
It is possible though look into it if you want but don't get your hopes up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
It will not be as noticeable when it is full of water, I can guarentee that.
Were are they location wise? Is it possible to but something like a large coral
In front of it? You wouldn't notice it as much then

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I only noticed after i filled it, though that was the first time it was at eye level as well. They're pretty much in the middle of the pane. Maybe once i get stuff in there the eye will automatically look past them. I dunno.... It is what it is!

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Cerium Oxide is what you'll need along with a multi speed buffer and a lot of elbow grease.

You'll need to do it while the tank is empty, but it can be done. I've done it before. I have half a container of cerium oxide that I'd be willing to sell to you.

Now is the time to take care of it before you have any livestock in it.

Let me know if you're interested in the cerium oxide.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Cerium oxide comes with too much risk for me. Think I'll learn to live with scratches :). Figured with all the help I've been given, perhaps I should share a pic of where I'm at. Still need to add trim to top of stand and corners of tank itself, and paint stand. Stand won't fit through door if i add top trim now! Two back sides of tank have been painted black since picture was taken.
7abehygy.jpg

Last edited:

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Ahh, so your throwing it right into a corner eh?
Better make sure you are able to access it somewhat, in case of emergency of course

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Anyone know of a temporary way to get a watertight seal with pvc pipe without gluing? I want to be certain my plumbing will do what I expect it to before i set up in my house. Have everything glued except for connections to tank and sump.