Reef Keepers 220 Sps Build

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Well, plumbing is all done. I piped up the other iwaki for the skimmer.

Now I'm doing the sealed area for my apex. Problem is that I still need a 15 ft cord to connect the 2 8 outlet apex power bars !

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Well, plumbing is all done. I piped up the other iwaki for the skimmer.

Now I'm doing the sealed area for my apex. Problem is that I still need a 15 ft cord to connect the 2 8 outlet apex power bars !

I shipped your USB cord last weekend. You should have had it Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Here's the section in the cabinet for all my apex gear. This will hold 1 of the 2 power bars and the head unit. The face plate will be on the outside of this box on the door. It's not totally waterproof, but will be significantly lower in humidity than the actual stand section. I'll be dealing it up with silicone and mounting the controller in there tonight.

Now I wait for the cycle and start to frame out the canopy and move the other cabinet into place. I can start up the skimmer tomorrow!

Last edited:

heath

Distinguished Member
you will have all your critter in there in no time flat, then we can all start to drool.. going to be an awesome tank, we should take a poll to see how many of us are jealous..;)

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Lmao. I just test ran the skimmer. BEAST with that iwaki RLT55 pressure pump. The bubbles are VIOLENT. I gated it down a bit and now it's set perfectly. Apex install for the main probes, pumps and heaters today.

Ammonia had dropped from 2 ppm to .05 in 36 hours. I raised it up to 3 ppm today. I'll test again tomorrow and do a nitrite test.

Last edited:

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I couldn't figure out where the water was coming from in my skimmer cabinet today. I checked the connections. I checked the pumps. Hmmm. I fired the skimmer back up and OH NO! The "bulkhead" was leaking on my MRC 3. Only it's not a bulkhead. It's a glued fitting. So I can send it back to Georgia to have it fixed (along with the other cracks in the flange) or just forget it and get a new skimmer. Hmmmm.

Do not suggest needle wheel skimmers!

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That sucks, hope its not too expensive. Since you built a customized cabinet for your skimmer, I would stay the course and follow the plan. Surprised it started leaking considering it was fine on your previous system.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
If it is a small crack some weldon 16 will likely seal it (bonds to PVC as well as acrylic). Drilling it out and installing a proper bulkhead or a uniseal if there are space constraints wouldn't be hard....or sell it to me cheap and I'll repair it and use it on my new build ;)

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I'll sell it to you. Comes with a nifty waste container too! Pm me an offer.

On my old build it was in the sump.

I ordered a new skimmer tonight. Wait till you see this beast!

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

will-ferrell-1.gif

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I got the mazzei and the large collection cup. I'm not expecting much right away because the rocks are cooked and cured and there will be little bio load. Everything I read it amazing

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Cycle is moving along nicely now. Ammonia dropping pretty fast after each dose. Nitrites still sitting at 1

I saw some algae growing on the rocks?! What's that all about? Nitrate test time