Reef Keepers 220 Sps Build

reef keeper

Super Active Member
So today is day 6 of the Dr tims cycle.

I added ammonia this morning at 10 am to bump it back to 2. I just tested it and it's down to .5 in 6 hours.

I figured I would try a nitrite test just for fun.....

It went purple right away. Looks like it maxed out the test.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Checked ammonia this morning and it was zero so I raised ammonia back to 2. Nitrites are off the chart lol. Test goes almost instantly purple. FYI it takes 450 ml of ammonia to raise the level to 2 in about 300 gallons of water. Or 1.5 ml/gallon. I was feeling smart when I did that math lol

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Since I tested, I've been a busy beaver. I got the shelf for the right side done and installed and shimmed, attached it to the stand and then muscled the canopy skeleton up on top of the cabinets. That was fun....

I just hung the lights on a 1" piece of pvc (thanks for the idea big show) and hen mounted that into 3 1 1/4" u brackets. Thanks heather lol

I'm starting to wonder if I move the lights a little closer together if I can't get away with using 2?!

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I moved them in and rewired the last PFO ballast. I guess it's time to wire up those lights and see what it looks like huh?!

Here is the wider pic I meant to post lol. Clean up time

Last edited:

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I got some culerpa today from reef boutique and used one of my lights that was for actinic in my old tank. I put the grow light back in it and now my fuge is set up. Time for pods!!

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I think they had a pretty tough day lol. I left the lights off but fed them 2 or 3 times. Everyone was out and about and eating so that was awesome!

reefjunkie86

Congrats on a nice looking system. I was just wondering if you could tell me how thick the glass for your baffles is? Also where you got them from? Thanks in advance.