Kevin's 200g Mix Reef

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Just bought a universal Ac adapter today for the fan on the light. Plug it in, Guess what? NOTHING HAPPENS. I thought this fan is smooth, but it not turning at all. Thank nexusnight, I can't believe I sacks his hand
IMG_20141202_215906_edit.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
They switch automatically from high end frequency line noise or something like that IIRC...that is made more for large routers and computer accessories that require a high amperage. That one can put out 1.7 amps at 12v. Really only needs 500mA or 0.5 amps

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
As far as i know it should be AcDc adapter. But like torx also said, im no electrician..if only u were closer u could bring the light over and test with my power supply

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Do you have a volt changer on that power supply.
No volt charger
They switch automatically from high end frequency line noise or something like that IIRC...that is made more for large routers and computer accessories that require a high amperage. That one can put out 1.7 amps at 12v. Really only needs 500mA or 0.5 amps
You saying I just wasted $15

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Well no, you could just return it?

Almost any adapter in your house that fits in that hole should work. I used one off my trendnet ethernet switch to test my fans as I too did not receive the adapter for my light. It was only 7.5v output, so the fans worked, just slow as they need 12v to run at full speed.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Hey first off I just want to say thank for trying or helping me with this. I am stupid with electrical stuff, but if your girlfriend or wife want there fingers nails done, I am really good at that so send them my way if you are close. Lol that why I own a nails salon