Kevin's 200g Mix Reef

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Tank is looking great! :)

If you mean by blue, blue LEDs, that may be tricky. Most cameras have a hard time balancing out the really blue colours and makes taking photos and video with the blues on, or only blues on, very tricky. Almost all cameras nowadays let you custom white balance, which helps, but it is still tricky to nail it. I can't speak too much for the point and shoots these days for reef photography, but they are getting insanely good in terms of picture quality, and many have detachable lenses for different applications much like a DSLR. DSLRs are more bulky and expensive, but they do typically allow a great amount of freedom in the white balancing department for both video and stills. You can use presets, or use the custom feature, which will get you very close. Using the WB shift feature, you can usually get even closer (at least on Canon bodies anyway). I would decide what your use for the camera will be primarily and then go from there.
Thank man, feeling sad for losing some of the colony tho. For some reason all the small piece have survived and it starting to color up nicely

ALowe

Thank bud, no new sps, all of the acro are the same. They color a bit better now. For some reason open look come with open space lol, so you will see me post up some new sps soon.
can't wait to see! How's the cube coming in your nail salon? I'd like to come check that out when you have it up and running!

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
:( sounds like a ballast issue then..this one has 2 separate plugs right?
Yes, you know if it is ballast issue than where would I get a new one. Is there a shop of some kind where I can took the light in to be look at. Also I would like to ask you seen you're running t5 as well. The fan on the light, is it on all the time or only on when it needed too, thank. The buyer said the light is only six month old, I wonder if it still have warranty

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
It should if its only 6 months i believe i have the same light and it has a 1 year warranty..and a ballast you could call [removed:Torx] and ask him.if he has any in stock for that a 2×80watt non dimmable i believe u need. And my fans run on a timer with my light so when the lights trn off the fan does to and vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
It should if its only 6 months i believe i have the same light and it has a 1 year warranty..and a ballast you could call [removed:Torx]and ask him.if he has any in stock for that a 2×80watt non dimmable i believe u need. And my fans run on a timer with my light so when the lights trn off the fan does to and vice versa.
Man, the fan on my light. I don't think it running at all. I will never buy used light again

Last edited by a moderator:

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Do u have the plug for it? Did you play with the settings on the fans plug?Have u checked to see iff the ATI symbols have been pushed in? Sometimes thatll happen, just have to pry them up..Fans are a cheap easy fix..ballast isnt as easy or cheap unfortunately.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
I just bought his skimmer and powerheads and theyre working beautifully..i dont think he would have purposely sold u a dud light...but word of warning running those lights without fans will likely cause another ballast to go, or worst case scenario a fire..

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
The
I just bought his skimmer and powerheads and theyre working beautifully..i dont think he would have purposely sold u a dud light...but word of warning running those lights without fans will likely cause another ballast to go, or worst case scenario a fire..
There is a plug for the fan?

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
You see that slot in the meddle, I don't have any wire for that slot. Is it for the fan ? seller didn't provide me with anything for that. I though that how it supose to be

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
IMG_20141201_212227_edit.jpg

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Yeah thats for the fans. You need the plug for it. Id assume he has it and probably forgot to give it to u.
Humm on my way home I pull over in the meddle of the 401 asking him if I forgot anything and he said no.he have my number to call if I left something behind. I also bought his live rock and I ask him if there is any pest and he said no, only coming home put it in my tank finding there is a whole bunch of this little gray star fish. I have to take the rock out spend a lot of time hand pick it out of the rock. Now everyday I still see a couple so I have to put my hand in the tank to pick it out cause I don't want it to spread

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Asterina stars..some can be harmful no biggie tho, could be much worse.. can he hard not to bring them into your tank. The other day i did a water change and literally probably picked out a good 50 of them lol.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I buy stuff from members of the forum to help them out, but only end up having to deal with all this hassle. When I sell something, I am honest about it and is up to you if you want to buy it or not.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Its just a Ac adapter i believe with different settings on it. You can probably buy one at Canadian tire or something if you dont hear back from him.
Can you take a picture of the adapter and post it up for me please. I want to see how many watt ect. On it. Also take a pick of the end part that goes in that slot, thank