Kevin's 200g Mix Reef

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Hopefully I will be making up the rest of my stock this weekend while my wife and daughters are gone. I will put 2 aside.
OK, I don't need it right away so no rush. Anyhow let me know when it done, I can just take it and put it away for future use when I have the apex. No rush thank

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
A little update of the new aquarscaping with the corals and sunbrite f 60 led before changing to ati light. As you can see corals slowly get it color back and not as brown ever since I max out the light couple hour a day

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
IMG_20141126_220243_edit.jpg
I have lost some of my colonies and that why they look so thin now, but I look at the bright side. It wild acro season , YES! Time to shop lol

Last edited:

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Hey members ! Christmas is on the corner, meaning boxing day is next lol. I might be interest in looking for a camera, any suggestions ? It there one that you can record video of the Reef when blue light is on too?

Last edited:

Bece13

Looks good Kevin.
As for camera, I'm using a Panasonic Lumix TS2 or TS3 (don't remember but I can check when I get home) when I'm going scuba diving and I'm very pleased with it.It's 6ft shock proof and I think it goes 40ft underwater without a special case. I didn't try it on Blue Tank yet :eek:. I think they have now the Lumix TS5 already who is supposed to be better.
If you want you can try it for a day or 2.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Tank is looking great! :)

Hey members ! Christmas is on the corner, meaning boxing day is next lol. I might be interest in looking for a camera, any suggestions ? It there one that you can record video of the Reef when blue light is on too?

If you mean by blue, blue LEDs, that may be tricky. Most cameras have a hard time balancing out the really blue colours and makes taking photos and video with the blues on, or only blues on, very tricky. Almost all cameras nowadays let you custom white balance, which helps, but it is still tricky to nail it. I can't speak too much for the point and shoots these days for reef photography, but they are getting insanely good in terms of picture quality, and many have detachable lenses for different applications much like a DSLR. DSLRs are more bulky and expensive, but they do typically allow a great amount of freedom in the white balancing department for both video and stills. You can use presets, or use the custom feature, which will get you very close. Using the WB shift feature, you can usually get even closer (at least on Canon bodies anyway). I would decide what your use for the camera will be primarily and then go from there.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Tank looks way different from when I was there! like the open look a lot better. Looks like you got some more SPS colonies too?
Thank bud, no new sps, all of the acro are the same. They color a bit better now. For some reason open look come with open space lol, so you will see me post up some new sps soon.