Torx's 120 Gallon Peninsula Tank Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltyair

I also started with io good salt for fowlr and easy to mix but when doing wc its not replenishing the most used elements. Dd salt is natural and surprisingly easy to mix, I found it had a very positive effect on my corals. I wish I never switched to aquovitro salinity, but a good friend sworn by it. I will be buying dd this week for my water change.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
weird ive used nothing but Io reef crystals for 2 years and the full aquavitro additive lineup with polyp labs polyp booster and nothing else other than prime and with sps dominant and zoos had no issues at all? even my lps loved it till i got water to sps params....

saltyair

This is why I no longer use aquavitro salinity

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 86

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Some of my Christmas loot. Got lots of great things from my small drive on the 27th. I also got a orange tube anemone, H2O salt, large viewer box, mini return pump from beanbagfrags, some great $15 frags and a bunch of mangroves from SeaLifeCentral. Had a nice chat with @Poseidon and checked out his amazing FOWLR stock...this tank will be amazing, such beautiful fish, almost has me wanting to go FOWLR.

Red/Green Favia - Joe's One Stop Reef Shop
Christmas_RedGreenFavia.jpg

Mandarin - Poseidon
Christmas_Mandarine.jpg

Sunny D's - SeaLifeCentral
Christmas_SunnyDs.jpg

Red Oxide zoas - Joe's One Stop Reef Shop
Christmas_UnknownRed.jpg

Unknown Yellow zoas - SeaLifeCentral
Christmas_UnknownYellow.jpg

Pink Razzle zoa - Joe's One Stop Reef Shop
Christmas_PinkRazzle.jpg

Pink tip Elegance - Joe's One Stop Reef Shop
Christmas_Elegance.jpg

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
wow some great scores there and salty that crap in the salt sucks but seachem has a guarenteed batch analyses if you can prove it wrong you get free seachem supplies for a year i would e-mail them for sure

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
@pulpfiction

The Flipper says it is only good for up to 1/2 glass. I beg to differ, probably good on almost any thickness of glass. It holds strong through a 2x4. (this photo is taken looking up at the 2x4 inside my hood, so neither side is just resting on the 2x4)

e1d6469a01f83f3e9b1599b9f71a82a1.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Kedds red i believe

I hope so, just fragged the hell out of it and have a half dozen nice size frags of it plus a few dozen that I am leaving on a rock to grow out. Also did up a dozen mohalk. I also built a second rack tonight so that tomorrow I can clean up some more zoas frags, more mohawk, sakura sunrise, purple death paly, and maybe some more of my gobstoppers.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
First batch of DD h20 mixing. 10gallons of RO/DI needed 5 1/2 cups of salt, which is a 1/2 cup more to mix to 1.027 then it did with regular IO. I am going to do a 20 gal water change today or tomorrow. Hoping that I see results as the salt costs more and I will go through more of it. Yes, I did open the bag and roll it, albeit, it is not mix well when the bucket is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.