Status
Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Christmas cash from mother in law turned into Christmas corals via Joe's One Stop Reef Shop. They went in on Saturday and seem do be doing extremely well. Of coarse my phone isn't catching the true colors, love the orange plate.

Pink tip acro

d32ec1091e8d2b0fb5e3ad8c4059a2de.jpg

Orange plate

ff1f130bb0eb0bc9674182208b0d466c.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Now I just need to figure out how I am going to migrate my JBJ HQI nanocube with RapidLED retro led kit, that I recently repurchased, back into my house. First I will be getting a new pump to replace the issue one, then deciding if I am going to drill and tie it in, or drill and get a custom sump built into the stand. But that will be a whole new thread when the time is right.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Still struggling to get cal and mag up, although good, I want it higher still. Mag 1200 and cal at 400 still. I was on a good upward track...then I added all of Ricks stuff and my dosing just wasnt keeping up. Testing every other day or so and bumping up my dosing. Starting to think of other salt, but not sure if the cost will be worth it when I go through 6 or so buckets a year...I will be tracking and see what is worth it as I do not mind taking the time to dose.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I switched to omega reef. Great salt and I found I dose much less.

Tested multiple batches and these are the average results I get from the salt alone;
Alk 7.8dkh
Mag 1300
Ca 410
Po4 0
No3 0

I found it to be worth the little extra bit. Save it and more on dosing other stuff.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That sucks.

Maybe plan a day trip every few months and grab enough to last you.

For sure, thought about it. Things will be easier once our damn inheritance comes in and we get a second vehicle. Only having 1 vehicle is a huge hindrance, especially with my varying schedule as my wife has to plan for all her stuff on the weekend. Actually, when it does come in, I plan on doing a weekend trip around ontario...hopefully pic up some nice stuff, maybe mule some stuff for people too. Definitely going to hit up Sarnia...they have the best stuff there :D

zoomster

Hi Torx.

I do not get on as often as I would like so this may seem a bit late but.....
very nice work on the tank and stand! I am about to up-size a bit I think ( actually looking at a 120G ) and drilling my own holes, install over flows ect.
I love the idea of the external overflows you did and it makes your tank look so much more open I think I may try / do the same. I have made sumps before but not done any custom "tank work".
I was just wondering if you feel it was worth the work and did you build or buy the in-tank part of your over flow?
Once again, very nice job on both the tank and stand!

Zoom.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Hi Torx.

I do not get on as often as I would like so this may seem a bit late but.....
very nice work on the tank and stand! I am about to up-size a bit I think ( actually looking at a 120G ) and drilling my own holes, install over flows ect.
I love the idea of the external overflows you did and it makes your tank look so much more open I think I may try / do the same. I have made sumps before but not done any custom "tank work".
I was just wondering if you feel it was worth the work and did you build or buy the in-tank part of your over flow?
Once again, very nice job on both the tank and stand!

Zoom.

Thank you, it is all still a work in progress. I built everything, including the internal over flow box in the tank. Yes, I found it worth it, but I am also a DIY guy and would rather do it myself pretty much in any case. I like to try new things and let people learn off my successes...or errors...normally errors. LoL. I am one of those people who really get a sense of achievement through doing stuff like this. Saving money is nice to, but some times I have spent more on a DIY then to buy something pre-built. IMHO, it is definitely worth it, but only if you are someone who enjoys doing projects such as this and know the advantages and disadvantages.

zoomster

I am exactly the same, I have spent more than some things were probably worth doing something myself but, I enjoy the challenge, getting precisely what I want and of course, that sense of pride that comes with being able to say " I built that myself" :) What material did you use for the internal o/f box?
thank you for you reply, input and time.
Once again, looks great and would love to see the finished product when done!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
They work really well. But make sure to rinse it in fresh water and dry it really well after each use. It'll last much longer if you do!

Well that part sucks. But you are right, it does work really well, so long as you do not flip it by a wp40 pulsing 0-100% lol. Flip didn't work so well then. But magnet was strong enough to catch it again :)

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
What is that?

stay away from aquavitro salt it has great chemistry but also very dirt and tough to mix. See if you can find DD salt
That's an algae magnet with a razor attachment. Can't speak for the flippers, but I use something very similar and works like a charm. Even works to remove coraline from glass. I've never scratched any tanks using mine, and I've been using it for work for the past year. Trick it to keep it clean.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
What is that?

stay away from aquavitro salt it has great chemistry but also very dirt and tough to mix. See if you can find DD salt

I know a guy who will be boxing daying DD salt ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.