Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Very nice

Thank you. I am doing this as cheap as I can and getting great results. Definitely a challenge. Hoping to get the stand finished over summer as well as a new sump station. The first set up was to see if it would work...plumbing held great under my house through the -15 to -20C weather we had here, time to get to work on it when the warmer weather comes back to stay.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
WTF am I thinking. Someone call the tang police already.

2c2505fb90f2396f5dc29838d215e772.jpg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Oh look at that. Now that the colors are coming back already, you can see the yellow. His face is pretty messed up from an accident though. I hope to get a better pic of him later.

Big fish:
1 - Foxface
1 - One Spot Foxface
2 - Scopa Tangs
1 - Desjardini Tang
1 - Hippo
1 - Yellow Belly Hippo
1 - Powder Blue

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
All day...not a single fight. I added a very large yellow belly tang and very large sailfin to the tank this morning around 4 am when I got home from work. Thank you @pulpfiction for setting this up for me.

saltyair

That is amazing ,did you add them all at once? That is some big big fish for a 120 how long is the tank?
Just keep your eyes pealed for those tang police

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That is amazing ,did you add them all at once? That is some big big fish for a 120 how long is the tank?
Just keep your eyes pealed for those tang police

All the 'rules' were broken when I added fish to this tank. I have had the scopa tangs the longest and they were added at the same time IIRC. I added the Foxface, and then a smaller One Spot Foxface afterwards. I had to spot feed the One Spot as it hid in the rocks forever before migrating out. I added a hippo, then a few months later the Powder Blue. Then the other morning I added the Sailfin and the second Hippo.

My suggestion/tip when adding a new fish that may potentially be bullied. I black out the tank with garbage bags when doing it. I leave the bags on and lights out for several hours adding food periodically. Then I open just part of the tank to day light to check on things. Play it by ear and feed heavy for the next few days with repeated use of seaweed.

As of this morning, there has still been no fighting. Although the Powder Blue and one Scopa were fighting for the same hiding space, but that was short lived as they are all just adjusting to new homes.

Bayinaung

Oh look at that. Now that the colors are coming back already, you can see the yellow. His face is pretty messed up from an accident though. I hope to get a better pic of him later.

Big fish:
1 - Foxface
1 - One Spot Foxface
2 - Scopa Tangs
1 - Desjardini Tang
1 - Hippo
1 - Yellow Belly Hippo
1 - Powder Blue
sweet! can you post a video of the fishes? Great tip will have to try that some day I have a big tank.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i have allways had luck too lots of caves and lots of food and all went well.... will definately try the garbage bag trick when i re-setup the 125

Status
Not open for further replies.