Reef Keepers 220 Sps Build

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Supposedly 2 pm. I'm nervous because the rain is barely holding off. I have the crate tarped off

I called them to see if they could come sooner and the guy asked if I thought 3 guys could move it. I said yes and you better have dollies! He said they have everything.

We shall soon see.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
The f ing movers didn't show up! I called the guy at 11:30 to confirm and then called back at 2:10 to see where they were. He said he would call me right back and didn't. I called him at 2:40 and he started telling me the guys were on their way....,

I told him to take a hike. He actually said thank you very...... Click.

I called some other guys and they are supposed to be here in 20 minutes.

People just don't want money I guess. This guy is 60 bucks CHEAPER! Will keep you updated

reef keeper

Super Active Member
The new guy from DK moving here in Hamilton just called and said the guys were a few minutes out.

He's only sending 2 guys, so I get the feeling I will be helping lmao. Wonderful. I hope they are Giants.

reef keeper

Super Active Member
I will have to call them back and get the name. I will post their # later so you don't call.

The guys from the moving company just left about half hour ago. I had told their boss that the tank was bigger and heavier than he thought it was and that I doubted me plus 2 guys wouldn't be enough. When we couldn't get it off my truck safely, I went and got my neighbours son. He is a beast. 6'3, 265 lbs. not fat. When he came the whole mood changed. There's a case of beer in that kids future lol!

We struggled mightily to get it oriented properly because of the external overflow. We had to move to downstairs very carefully with it wrapped in blankets. It was a brutal turn at the bottom and then down the last 3 stairs. If it was 1/2" bigger the railing was coming out lol.

I tipped the up to the price of the other guys. They worked their asses off.

Oh, and they moved my 125g sump down in 5 minutes!!

So here's some pictures. I'll post these guys number for you to call. They did a hell of a job.

And the requisite cute kid in the tank shot!!

It's finally here and I am SO HAPPY

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I know you are happy, but I think you should put a form sheet underneath the tank first. I have one under mine, you should double check on this