My Seahorse Cube And Babies

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I think I'm still months away, but moving forward. The sump for the 150 still hasn't arrived at Sealife so Ian is picking it up for me tomorrow, Sealife, Gary, Linda and Ian are all so good to me, they're like extended family.
I have the characters all home now except the female wrasse. Her evasive skills beat us hands down today in the coral tank. Pigpen, her mate was the first one out of the tank. He's an easy catch,
he associates people and food, therefore sticking his beak out of the water simple but pretty boy !
I have
assorted smaller tanks here once the 150 is up and running but they aren't drilled. A 50, but it's not a tall tank,
two 30's - one a corner tank, one a tall 30. I have a few assorted sumps here as well. A 40 drilled, a 20 not sure what else I might have hanging around.
I'll have to come out for a visit and discuss what you think is best for them, and filters and flow etc. I'm looking forward to having them.
It looks like we're going to have a few seahorse tanks going here amongst the forum members, great stuff !

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I think I'm still months away, but moving forward. The sump for the 150 still hasn't arrived at Sealife so Ian is picking it up for me tomorrow, Sealife, Gary, Linda and Ian are all so good to me, they're like extended family.
I have the characters all home now except the female wrasse. Her evasive skills beat us hands down today in the coral tank. Pigpen, her mate was the first one out of the tank. He's an easy catch,
he associates people and food, therefore sticking his beak out of the water simple but pretty boy !
I have
assorted smaller tanks here once the 150 is up and running but they aren't drilled. A 50, but it's not a tall tank,
two 30's - one a corner tank, one a tall 30. I have a few assorted sumps here as well. A 40 drilled, a 20 not sure what else I might have hanging around.
I'll have to come out for a visit and discuss what you think is best for them, and filters and flow etc. I'm looking forward to having them.
It looks like we're going to have a few seahorse tanks going here amongst the forum members, great stuff !

Yvette knows alot more about them than me but i dont mind sharing my 2 cents lol got alot going on now seahorse tank is upstairs but throwing together a lil something tomorrow, 90gal reef downstairs is getting pretty full and rockwork pretty well done just gotta add sandbed now. On top of that got rileys pb in the med tank and the 125 ripped apart so theres lots to talk about

Yvette knows alot more about them than me but i dont mind sharing my 2 cents lol got alot going on now seahorse tank is upstairs but throwing together a lil something tomorrow, 90gal reef downstairs is getting pretty full and rockwork pretty well done just gotta add sandbed now. On top of that got rileys pb in the med tank and the 125 ripped apart so theres lots to talk about
so why you so lazy get up and do something ....lol

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Thanks for the offer Steve, I appreciate it, I'd love to get together sometime and chat ! You do have a lot going on right now, crazy stuff ! This week is nutty for me too, I have a lot of organizing to do. Bought some countertops and picked them up on the weekend thanks to my son in law and a great kijiji deal ! That's part of the organizing, a meeting Tuesday night in London, and work, we mustn't forget work as it pays the bills LOL

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i cant really get a good pic since its attached to back of tank but heres a top and a side hope this helps

overflow screen and floss chamber on the left side opening at bottom of divider to deep sandbed and fuge then over another divider to return pump section
20150303_084821.jpg 20150303_084810.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Looks like you need to get that gha under control ;)

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2
oh ya seahorse tank is bad has been for a couple months.... they love it tho im going back to the chains the calurpa in tank grows too fast and holds too much stuff same with the lr its a pain to clean will post pics tomorrow or tonight

awesome how deep is your sandbed.. my 180 gallon fuge on my 200 display is 7 1/2 inches...I went to 7 1/2 cause its not sand its a little coarser so need deeper to get same affect not sure how deep I want to go on the horse tank. I am going to run cheato in it and Mexican caulerpa and a scrubber.... I might do a curtain waterfall scrubber maybe... or a angled tray might be easier

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I toyed with the idea of a curtain scrubber. Did a lot of reading and apparently they are the best bang for the buck.

I scrapped the idea as my tank has problems keeping NO3 and PO4 above zero.
just do what i do in that scenario and up reef roids and aqua vitro fuel lol that never fails and corals will love you.... i use it to counter my heavy feeding.... seahorses tho dirty the water very fast

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
just do what i do in that scenario and up reef roids and aqua vitro fuel lol that never fails and corals will love you.... i use it to counter my heavy feeding.... seahorses tho dirty the water very fast
I'm currently feeding my dt frozen three times a day along with three feedings of NLS pellets. I'm ok with zero no3 and po4 :D

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well changed some stuff around here as well. i took out some of the live rock and threw the chains back in. also took out the calurpa and split it up between this tank and the 90....it was getting thick.i decided to put the hood on with the 1w led to help control my algae and added a fluorescent light on my fuge (it gives a nice blue glow in the background).
IMG_20150308_113243.jpg