My Seahorse Cube And Babies

heath

Distinguished Member
nice tank, keep the pictures coming. just think you could build tanks for all of us now, lol.
good luck with the ponies, when are they coming?

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
nice tank, keep the pictures coming. just think you could build tanks for all of us now, lol.
good luck with the ponies, when are they coming?

soon as i get a chance shoulda had them now but unfotunately had some important family matters to address first.... as for building tanks im always down to be some help to someone lol..... but anyone need a roof or trim installed i definately have trustable talent there :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
so despite everything going on lately i finally managed to get out and get my seahorses after a nice long acclimation they are in gave them a feeding to help ease any stress and they went right after it hanging on the chain eating anything too close :) they seem to bee enjoying their new home quite well so heres some pics i snapped quick
20140831_195642.jpg 20140831_195626.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Sorry I ment to ask if you can keep dragon breath algae with sea horses

i am by no means an expert on seahorses as i have to use seahorses.org for info alot would say to use them as a good hard reference but im sure yvette would gladly fill you in as she has a small seahorse factory lol :) was definately worth the drive justto check out their tanks...... and yvette as for the calurpa i did as well i was so mesmerized checking everything out i completely forgot lol

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Sorry I ment to ask if you can keep dragon breath algae with sea horses
Generally, as far as I know, any macro algae can be kept with seahorses. They love to hitch on it and from what I saw on Google, Dragon's breath looks terrific. As with any macro algae it is best to quarantine it to make sure there are no hydroids or Aiptasia. They can give the seahorses some wicked stings.

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Well had to post this pick they like the pods so much i caught one lil fella eye balls deep in live rock taking a nip just before lights timed out.... is funny how once they focus on something its a matter of seconds till its gone lol

20140901_210317.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay my feeding and cleaning just got easier got them feeding tray trained which means alot less waste and my sh's can eat all day long on both pods and mysis and yvette i think i got some chameleon ones they go almost all pale with black spots on the white chain and back to how they were when in the shadows or hitched to the rock lol is so cool once i got over the worry factor lol

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Congrats on training them to the feeding tray. I never have because I like to watch them hunt for their food, LOL. You will find they change colors a lot. Mine go light in the morning when the lights first go on and they start their first flirting of the day. Then they go darker and lighter as the mood hits. All of the babies I put into the adult display tank have now gone pale cream color most of the time, which is the color of the main decorations in there. They have had many generations of trying to blend in and have mastered camouflage quite well haven't they?

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Can you hear them snicking yet? As they get larger the snick sound when they eat is quite loud. I'm not sure but I think it helps trigger others to know that food is nearby because once one snicks the rest of them come quickly to see what food is there. :) That "little volcano" is one of the biggest reasons that a large protein skimmer is needed. They put so much particulate waste into the water when they eat that the water would get fouled up pretty quickly without the protein skimmer to help.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
ya im glad i used a skimmer rated for 65 gal as ugly as it is it was needed..... still no noise will have to pay attention a lil more maybe im missing something... they still like the pods better but come to the feeding tray every now and then soon im thinking one more :)