My Seahorse Cube And Babies

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Just bustin' your chops steve :D
I know.... it was pretty bad tho lol still got some cleaning to get it purdy again :)

awesome how deep is your sandbed.. my 180 gallon fuge on my 200 display is 7 1/2 inches...I went to 7 1/2 cause its not sand its a little coarser so need deeper to get same affect not sure how deep I want to go on the horse tank. I am going to run cheato in it and Mexican caulerpa and a scrubber.... I might do a curtain waterfall scrubber maybe... or a angled tray might be easier

Ya im rigging an angled peice of acrylic for my algae scrubber as well since its the easiest way for my tank...... i should have built one in when i built my tank lmao musta been into something that night :)

As for the sandbed i had 6" of caribsea seafloor special but after removing some lr and a heavy cleaning im down to 4" so gonna add some back slowly over the next couple of weeks. My sandbed in the fuge section on the other hand is a good 8" deep and has never ever been disturbed

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Looking good Steve. I'll bet you can see them a lot better now without all the Caulerpa! :)
ya thats one of the reasons i pulled it all they are too good at hiding.... im also glad they darkened their patterns again with the lower intensity lighting i am alot happier. Will try to get some pics when i feed them my females cirri are coming in nicely she looks like a unicorn at the moment... and one the boys is getting chunkier than i have ever seen too so fingers crossed

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
some pics of the horsies
IMG_20150309_210342.jpg IMG_20150309_210138.jpg IMG_20150309_205859.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay i found out how to eliminate algae in my sh tank i put a t8 macro light on the back fuge and 1w led on main tank.... chains are still white after a few weeks :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
looks awesome, where are you going to put the babies ?

ive got the 55 gal qt downstairs i could rig up but being the time of year it is i really wont have time to raise seahorses once work pics up im looking at 12-14 hr days almost 6-7 days a week till it snows again..... good thing i booked the coral show off months ago :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
is that a blue legged crab.. was told to get some, apparently they are a good clean up crew..
its a zebra hermit.... the blue legged hermits are bastards they get twice the size and seem to kill snails just for the enjoyment i honestly wish i never got hermits as they only do a part job but imo snails and shrimp together are alot better.... i do recommend a few mithrax crabs tho they are non stop algae eaters