My Seahorse Cube And Babies

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well still have three babies alive and ones quite a bit bigger than the other two but all are very plump lol.... today i noticed a fat boy doing push ups lmao so im expecting another batch soon :)

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
They tend to have about 3 batches in a row then take a rest for a bit before they start up again. For a while it feels like you are sinking in babies because you can't keep up. I also noticed that the batches get a bit smaller until they take their rest then the batches are large again. This will be his third batch? It might be his last for a little bit. That's what mine seem to do. Good luck with this next batch. :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
They tend to have about 3 batches in a row then take a rest for a bit before they start up again. For a while it feels like you are sinking in babies because you can't keep up. I also noticed that the batches get a bit smaller until they take their rest then the batches are large again. This will be his third batch? It might be his last for a little bit. That's what mine seem to do. Good luck with this next batch. :)

Its the other male this time... this one has nice long cirri started the ones at the base of the neck started branching into 2 cant wait till they get bigger his face is pretty spikey as well :).

I think the last batch did really bad mostly because i was a full day late with the brine because i had to decapsulate them myself but this time things are already in motion.

I would say the 3 babies are about 1/2" now which is double the length they were before and alot fatter but they eat like champs

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Since those 3 are coming up on a month old I would begin offering some shaved frozen mysis to them about a 1/2 an hour before you feed them their brine. Do this with every feed now and they will begin taking the mysis. I use an Xacto knife to scrape across the frozen mysis rather than chop it up because you can get much smaller bits that way. Once they are taking shaved you then graduate to chopped, then whole. It takes about 2 weeks to convert them and then you'll see the growth rate take off! Keep giving brine while they are converting then once they are eating chopped mysis well you can begin cutting back on the brine. Always offer the mysis before the brine. Eventually they won't look at the live and prefer to go for the larger food.
Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
MORE BABY SEAHORSES AND MY BIGGEST BATCH YET :D :D :D
IMG_20150707_090357.jpg

IMG_20150707_093739.jpg

theres a the big mocho 1 month old beside a newborn today

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I can't believe I missed all the updates on this thread, Wow ! great job and dedication ! If I ever get my act together here, I want a tank with seahorses, definitely don't want breeding either LOL - you and Yvette deserve an award for dedication ;)