My Seahorse Cube And Babies

heath

Distinguished Member
I am getting 4 boys (?), I don't have the knowledge to raise babies, I will leave that up to you two.. at first I thought about 4 girls and then Yvette told me that one of the females will flip to a male, so its boys for me..

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
thanks heather im just very fortunate to have yvette as an extremely good mentor :D
blushing_zpspajtysyp.gif
Thanks for the kind words and good luck with the babies. :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
heres some pics of the tank with the babies... so far only four have died so must be doing something right lol and they are feeding like champs on brineshrimp that i feed phytoplankton (greenwater for the noobs) and a highly un-saturated fatty acid supplement (hufa) most people opt for selcon but i realised a long time ago that the v2h formula by "H2O life" doesnt foul the water as much and works just as good plus is cheaper :) now i just wish they didnt blend in to the background so well its pretty hard to get a pic.... one these days ill score a good camera

IMG_20150609_111020.jpg
Through surface

IMG_20150609_110854.jpg
Through front

heath

Distinguished Member
wow, how fast do they grow, they look so much bigger than the other day.. just think when you start selling your babies you can buy a good camera.;)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
wow, how fast do they grow, they look so much bigger than the other day.. just think when you start selling your babies you can buy a good camera.;)

thats the joys of zoom they magically look huge :p to get an idea that white mesh is just the plastic knitting mesh and they can easily fit right through the holes lol im just amazed that they are starting to hitch already. Those must be the piggies too fat to swim lol

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
thanks yvette i jerry rigged a peice of airline into some vinyl tubing so hopefully tomorrow when i clean the bottom i can avoid sucking up any babies

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
I always cleaned the fry tanks with a small syphon hose and put my finger over the end to control the suction. When the fry were small I did accidentally suck some up but would just catch them in a bucket and transfer them back into their tank with a spoon. It is easier when they get bigger. ;)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
after 8 days i have a total of 21 dead :( but thats the roughest time for them and would say there is more than that still alive but too hard to count they never stop moving lol. then again for a first attempt 10% turnout would be amazing.

im sure someone will chime in on if my death rate is good or not. :p