My Seahorse Cube And Babies

heath

Distinguished Member
I can't imagine anyone commenting on your losses , you and Yvette are the only ones raising sea horses..I have no idea what a good rate is but I think that you are doing awesome, your dedication is amazing..:D

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I can't imagine anyone commenting on your loysses , you and Yvette are the only ones raising sea horses..I have no idea what a good rate is but I think that you are doing awesome, your dedication is amazing..:D
i was referring to yvette lmao.... all the ones left are nice and plump their bodies are starting to have shape instead of looking like a black needle with a head lol and i counted 32 left

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
sorry but I think that she will tell you as well that you are doing an awesome job..

Heather is right, I would never comment on your death rate. Except to say you are doing awesome.
smiley-face-bouncing-004_zpsrezrycnx.gif
Keep up the good work. :)

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
didnt mean it in a bad way lol i have no idea what the average mortality rate is lol and cant find much online
I couldn't find anything either online. The org just talks about trying to get a 60 - 80% survival rate. I know I didn't get that and I'm really glad I didn't. I would be sinking in seahorses if I had that kind of success rate! LOL

heath

Distinguished Member
after doing some no a lot of reading, I think that if you can get 1 to survive you are a hero....that's why I am going with 4 males..I would have a lot of sleepless nights trying to raise babies, you both are the experts..

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
after doing some no a lot of reading, I think that if you can get 1 to survive you are a hero....that's why I am going with 4 males..I would have a lot of sleepless nights trying to raise babies, you both are the experts..

i give yvette alot of credit especially since now i fully understand what she goes through with these lil fellas it is a major pain but i just love them lol :D you think a reef is alot of work try hatching a new batch of brine everyday putting hatched ones in a holding container to gut load them then before you start another batch you have to wash and sterilize everything.
Not to mention daily tank cleaning and removal of any sinkers lol plus i need to feed the big ones and do everything withmy reef. I am glad my reef system is insanely stable tho that helps allow me to spend more time caring for my babies

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
oh for sure, the dedication that you and yvette have is absolutely amazing... I don't know where you find the time..
I gave up doing everything else while they were little because it takes all your time feeding four times a day. For a while it was just going to work and looking after seahorses. I recruited my husband to do one feed when I was at work. Even now I have to carefully plan time away to fit around my seahorse schedule since I still have so many. But I love it and get a great deal of enjoyment watching them. It is so easy to get hooked with these guys.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i miss my lovelies i have been in quebec (lennoxville/north hatley area) for the weekend visiting family and come back monday evening. I just hope the wife has everything under control with the babies but havnt got a text or call in panic so things must be ok

heath

Distinguished Member
i miss my lovelies i have been in quebec (lennoxville/north hatley area) for the weekend visiting family and come back monday evening. I just hope the wife has everything under control with the babies but havnt got a text or call in panic so things must be ok
and of course you are talking about your wife and kids, right ;)

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
How well I remember that feeling when we went to Disney and the youngest fry were only 3 months old. As we all know all went well with the frysitter but it was still hard to leave them. :(

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
lol im surprised i had any left i figured first attempt they would have all been dead in a week thefact i have any is amazing..... plus i dont know how effective my decapsulating procedure was