Reef Keepers 220 Sps Build

Kman

Super Active Member
I like the color of them. I can't wait to see what they grow corals into. New large tanks are exciting to set up. I always enjoy watching the progress as the corals grow. In mine and others tanks. :)

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Thanks. I put in pocilopora that I've had forever. It's never done much. Probably because my goby buried it. Then it fell off a rock and got lost. Then I found it. And the goby buried it.

I put it in the frag tank for a couple of months and I think it doubled. Now it's in the "ocean" and it's so puffy and awesome already. I know radiums are supposed to grow Sps like mad. We shall see!

Kman

Super Active Member
I am sure they will grow sps just fine they are good bulbs.

My bulb of choice was the XM 15000 k or 20000 k. Loved those things.

That cauliflower sps likes high lights, high flow and some space to grow into to really come into its own.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
yup, in my experience my poci was one of the fastest growers and seemed to be very hardy, I had poci babies growing everywhere all over my tank, including the overflow, returns, back wall, and on remote pieces of rock -crazy stuff

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Looking good. How much evap are you getting on the system. I find my 5 gallon pail I'm using now just isn't cutting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kman

Super Active Member
I have 300 gallons of tank volume and depending on the time of year I get 3 to 5 gallons a day evaporation.

heath

Distinguished Member
this time of year plays havoc on all tanks ( at least mine) for water evaporation, I find that the 75 has more evaporation than the big tank, could it be because there is no canopy on the small tank or just a smaller water volume ?

reef keeper

Super Active Member
Well I managed to get one of the front doors varathaned today, and have the other frame built and sanded. I need to get another sheet of birch tomorrow.

My Lifereef skimmer is kicking butt and producing some pretty gross skimmate.

I'm hoping by the end of the weekend to have it done with the exception of the crown moulding which will hide the bottom rim of the tank and act as a bit of a shelf for my kids grubby hands lol.