Hockey Talk & Video Games Too.

Bfofre

Re: HOCKEY talk & video games too.

So what your saying is the Boston fans are bigots and unintelligent..  Got it! 

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Bfofre

Isn't there a basketball owner looking for a new team...  Hmmmm 

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

reeffreak

Super Active Member

I received 15 emails all at once from the forum lol

Thought this was pretty funny.

eta7eza9.jpg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
theyangman link said:
All of the people on the forum have their teams knocked out now. This thread has been pretty quiet since the second round ended... lol.

true but hockey fans are hockey fans... dont tell me that none of you "hard core fans" arent even watching any of the games????

theyangman

Distinguished Member
I don't know if I consider myself "HARDCORE". I am a pretty avid fan, but I am a fan of my own team. Once they are knocked out (which is often pretty early) I don't find myself watching much hockey after that. What do I care who wins the cup if the team I am rooting for isn't in it anymore?

I guess in your scenario the entirety of the playoffs is pretty foreign so you are not sure what to do once April rolls around so you just watch whatever you can.... But at least I get one or two weeks to see my team keep playing. lol

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I've watched every game.  I feel a little better now because that 7-2 slaughter game 1 against the habs had me thinking we lost to a stink team, but it seems they have some real life to them.  Tiny little speedy frenchmen!!!  :)

LA or chicago will likely take it this year, Chicago is as good as last year and LA is giving them a good run.

Memorial cup was surprisingly poor hockey. Like skill wise I thought it was quite a bit below grade from past years.  The Hunters are losing their ability to put together an unstoppable team, so the skill level is dropping down to where it was before the big money got involved.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
I've watched every game.  I feel a little better now because that 7-2 slaughter game 1 against the habs had me thinking we lost to a stink team, but it seems they have some real life to them.  Tiny little speedy frenchmen!!!  :)

LA or chicago will likely take it this year, Chicago is as good as last year and LA is giving them a good run.

Memorial cup was surprisingly poor hockey. Like skill wise I thought it was quite a bit below grade from past years.  The Hunters are losing their ability to put together an unstoppable team, so the skill level is dropping down to where it was before the big money got involved.

i was disappointing with london... they couldve brought more to the table than they did.

to be honest if the habs lose to the rangers, i would undoubtly cheer for st louis and the rangers... just because i like the little guy, no quite in him and true blooded canadian hockey player....
either way, with any of the 4 teams still remaining, the final is going to be epic

theyangman

Distinguished Member
I don't believe epic is the correct term for the final. The talent in the West, is going to smash either of the remaining teams in the East. I say the West takes it in 5 games. From the highlights I have seen, the Western conference finals looks sharp and on point. The East looks less impressive.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
theyangman link said:
I don't believe epic is the correct term for the final. The talent in the West, is going to smash either of the remaining teams in the East. I say the West takes it in 5 games. From the highlights I have seen, the Western conference finals looks sharp and on point. The East looks less impressive.
I agree the cup is going to the west. I think it might be in 6 games but its the west that will win it. The rangers might be able to challenge purely because they have the best goaltender left in the playoffs.
Who has home ice in the finals? That might also play a small factor if it is LA.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6258.msg94898#msg94898 date=1401118364]
I agree the cup is going to the west. I think it might be in 6 games but its the west that will win it. The rangers might be able to challenge purely because they have the best goaltender left in the playoffs.
Who has home ice in the finals? That might also play a small factor if it is LA.
[/quote]

Home ice is determined by points in the regular season, so Chicago is guaranteed home ice, and New York is guaranteed to be visiting, but if LA and Montreal meet up the rules are as follows:

"Home-ice advantage through the first two rounds goes to the team that placed higher in the regular-season standings. In the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final, home-ice advantage goes to the team that had the better regular-season record -- regardless of the teams' final standing in their respective divisions."

Odd, cause they are actually tied in that aspect, the next tie break is ROW.

So;

LA: 38 ROW of 46
MTL: 40 ROW of 46

So MTL would actually have home ice!?!?!

Chicago: 107 / 46-21-15
LA: 100 / 46 - 28 - 8
Montreal: 100 / 46 - 28 - 8
New York: 96 / 45 - 31 - 6

EDIT: I had the wrong tie breaker listed first....