3rd Annual - London Frag Fest 2015! Sat April 18 2015

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I will have to be more aggressive in prospecting raffle items if I kick out the headliner, and I definitely don't want to go to that "if you buy a table you have to fork over a raffle item" mentality, so if anyone has suggestions, or items, that helps draw people to the event, I'm all ears (and more likely I'll take out the headliner spot).

At least I still have a couple of months to hash this out :)

Zach

Any of the active london saltwater suppliers want to sponsor the even? Maybe reef central or big als or incredible aquarium? Might be some good self promotion opportunities.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Heh, Incredible aquarium will likely not be sponsoring the event, no. That actually made me LOL.
Big Al's doesn't do enough saltwater to warrant it, I've already chatted with Aaron.
Sealife has to figure out what they want to do, they are affiliated with Reef Wholesale who were good to us in the past, but anything is possible at this point :)

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I say we put yangman in the middle with his hibachi and have everyone throw stuff at him. Ie water balloons, eggs, rocks. Sounds fitting for the venue? Maybe place a small fee on items throw with a variable rate. Large items cost more??

theyangman

Distinguished Member
I say we put yangman in the middle with his hibachi and have everyone throw stuff at him. Ie water balloons, eggs, rocks. Sounds fitting for the venue? Maybe place a small fee on items throw with a variable rate. Large items cost more??
This sounds like a horrible idea. Unless you want to throw frags at me. I'll take those....

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Okay a LOT of the tables are booked. I haven't heard back about a headliner (and honestly am not sold on the concept) so there is a possibility that I will just scrap that area and put tables in place, that way we can get more bang for the buck to buyers...more actual vendors means more deals for the buyers. Sitting in my chair pondering this right now...thoughts?
I thought the headliner was pretty meh the last two years. Use the space for more tables IMO!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Yep I agree, however they did provide quite a few raffle items. That said, a lot of the vendors last year really stepped up too. Darren came in with a couple of whopper items, but not sure what that falla is up to from month to month :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Did you ask that bean bag guy? He seems nice enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay, anyone who would like to offer up items or services for the raffle table, now would be a good time. Let me know either here or via PM, I'm going to keep trying to get items, but again I think people are all generositied-out :)

JamesHurst

Website
www.mangroves.ca
Okay, anyone who would like to offer up items or services for the raffle table, now would be a good time. Let me know either here or via PM, I'm going to keep trying to get items, but again I think people are all generositied-out :)
Will be putting in a mangroves starter kit including a bundle of red mangroves, a bundle of oriental mangroves if i get them in on time, bottle and snips.