100gallon's 112 Gallon New Tank Build:)

100gallon

So I think I am going to have my beans dump into a large sump on the floor which I will sit my skimmer in. From there I will feed both outlet pipes from the skimmer to my 30 long under the dt. I think this way I will still have the return pump feed two reactors and back into the sump below tank. The other will feed up to the dt through the 4th bulk head and back into dt.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk
Any advice or are we gtg? The main sump on the floor. ..should I go black bin or tank?

Last edited:

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Sorry if I missed something but why not put the skimmer in the 30 gallon under the tank? The setup you describe is exactly what I have. 90 gallon display with 4 bulkheads. 3 for beananimal drain into a 30 gallon sump, 1 for return. Skimmer sits in the sump, return line is teed off and feeds 2 reactors that both empty back into the sump.

100gallon

The reason is that the massive Aqua Medic Skimmer is the shorty II and it is too tall to fit in the 30 under the tank.. I figure that I will just sit it in another sump behind the DT and have some extra water volume.

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Ah ok cool. Best of luck then! I don't know of any tubs that would be reef safe unfortunately, except for the huge stock tanks that are sold at TSC. You might be best off using another glass or acrylic tank. My other concern would be that if the skimmer pump doesn't put out the exact same gph as the return pump, then you may have troubles maintaining stable water levels in the two sumps. You may want to look into having the skimmer sump drain into the second sump via a bulkhead or something. Or possibly just stick to one sump that sits behind the tank instead of under it....

Would love to hear more ideas from other members.

100gallon

Ya not bad for price. 50 bucks tsc. However the volume level with sump and bin is concerning. Mag12 return branched like yours. Water blaster 3000 feeding skimmer

Blake

I have a 25 gallon storage container from TSC that my R/O fills. Its a vertical unit, space saving and convenient, built a small 2x4 stand to house it in my laundry room. I think I paid a little over $100 (Keep an eye on sales). The odd time I will add some store bought R/O. Had no issues thus far.

100gallon

Why am I drinking at 10 am? Lol went very well!
3b90db74de0c3eb0de096c0312bb181b.jpg

100gallon

Do the gaskets go on the wet or dry side? I was going to put a bit of silicone on prior to seating and tightening.