100gallon's 112 Gallon New Tank Build:)

100gallon

Well after suffering the catastrophic failure of the 90, I ordered a new Miracles tank from Aquariums by Design today! Thanks again Stace! It will be a standard tank. I hope to drill it myself once I get it this week. Need to drill for 1.5" overflows (Bean Animal) x 4 now......baby steps...and this time everything will be hard plumbed!:eek:

100gallon

Very nice! Thanks for the video! I am trying to source a 1 3/4" bit...or 45 mm. ..no one has one in stock so I am about to order one on amazon.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk

100gallon

Lol it looks to be relatively easy, just keep the safe distance from the top and sides and from the other holes and "should be good" lol

nexusnight

It's not a big deal as long as the glass is 12mm or close. Thick glass is a piece of cake, just takes a while... Let the drill do the work and lots of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I love drilling tanks. Just did 9 20 gallon tanks the other weekend. I will be drilling 2 10's for myself soon plus what ever other business is thrown my way now that there is a new store opening locally. I don't use a drill press, slow, steady, fast drill speed, lots of water.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Good luck. I drilled a 20 gallon tank for the first time last year. I practiced on a cracked 10 gallon before I started and found that after a few practice holes I was ready to go. I clamped wood onto the tank on either side of where the drill bit would go to help me stabilize the drill bit since I was drilling it free hand but you could always clamp on a piece that had the hole drilled into it to keep the drill bit from travelling when you first start drilling. As the others say, let the bit do the work, you don't need to press hard and the bit will cut easily for you. Keep a steady stream of water squirting at it.

100gallon

c57c6220be78d12bebb8fa2894f03d90.jpg

New tank:)