My Seahorse Cube And Babies

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Very cool Steve. I'm sure you'll be raising them soon enough. Something tells me you'll be prepared for the next batch ;)

Sony Xperia Z3
now be prepared for the next batch lol my second male had his first batch finally but by the numbers may be his second so next one that gets fat on me is going into a breeder pen just shy the 2 week mark so i can get every last one :)

heres pics of what i have pulled out today
20150503_123015.jpg

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
From the small amount you have pulled out and the fact that you say he is still fat, he probably let go of some warning fry. They do that quite often. Most likely he will have the rest tomorrow or the next day. If you want to collect them, turn the pump off overnight and run an open ended airline into the tank. You may have to do that a few nights in a row. They usually have them in the wee hours of the morning or just around "lights on" time in the morning. This is how I collect them rather than take the male out. The last time I took my male out he sulked for days and never had any more babies. :(
Congrats on the new fry! :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
From the small amount you have pulled out and the fact that you say he is still fat, he probably let go of some warning fry. They do that quite often. Most likely he will have the rest tomorrow or the next day. If you want to collect them, turn the pump off overnight and run an open ended airline into the tank. You may have to do that a few nights in a row. They usually have them in the wee hours of the morning or just around "lights on" time in the morning. This is how I collect them rather than take the male out. The last time I took my male out he sulked for days and never had any more babies. :(
Congrats on the new fry! :)

Because of how my hob sump is on the sh tank i just remove my floss from the first chamber and put a fresh peice at the bottom to stop them from entering fuge then its easy to scoop them up and they are all safe in about 2L of water

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well i think im gonna put my lr into my hob sump and i want to make some custom ornaments then ill coat them in my rubber from work for a long lasting easy to clean surface now the questionis what to make lol.

i want to keep my floating chains so will be nice to incorporate them in somehow so start filling my head with ideas i want something a little different but cool at the same time

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i guess im giving it a shot since i can get live phyto and live rotifers pretty cheap so got a filter sponge hooked to an airline and another straight airline to keep it flowing and oxygenated well :) i have a feeling this will get to be alot of work but they arent aloud to import wild caught seahorses anymore so it should be worth it :)
20150605_211308.jpg
put the babies right beside ma and pa lol

heath

Distinguished Member
that's awesome Steve, I am going to a seahorse tank in the fall, I am going with all males, no babies for me I will leave that to the experts, you and Yvette...looks great..

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well my babies got their first feeding of brine yesterday couldnt get any decapsulated brine so had to do the old bleach and vinegar method myself but i havnt forgot how so now i have a bunch of eggs decapped for later use and prob half a million baby brine swimming around. Already got the hatching container cleaned and ready for the next batch in a couple days. once the brine get bigger my reef will love them lol.

anyone want any brine already hatched? i make sure to have a bit more than needed

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Nice Steve.

I would take some hatched brine if you have spill over. I'm sure my CBB and Leopard wrasse would go nuts over them.
lol i have tons so come by anytime :) they will grow faster than they will be eaten package said 80% hatch rate so i gave a bit extra eggs when it really wasnt needed lol i already dumped some in my reef with some green water and man talk about instant pe lol