Kevin's 200g Mix Reef

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
You should probably start wearing gloves. If you have any kind of reaction to corals there is a good chance that the sensitivity will get worse and can become a full blown allergy.
hi can you explain a little bit more on this allergy, i got coral sting a couple time now and it just swell with itch. in about a week it better.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I just gonna post this because I find it a big help toward coral sting. After I got coral sting I put this on and I don't find it itching anymore, I put it on couple time:)
IMG_20140929_183318_edit.jpg

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
OK for so long my coral are not do so well, the reason is salinity are to high. The hydrometer is giving me the wrong reading. To avoid that today I pick up a refractometer and a Waveline DC 6000 for return pump at aquarium by design. Any comments on this pump just send it my way, good or bad.

Attachments

• IMG_20141016_213717_edit.jpg
    IMG_20141016_213717_edit.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20141016_213807_edit.jpg
    IMG_20141016_213807_edit.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 79

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Pick up this cube today in Woodstock, I am still staying with sps on this one. My idea is to use it as a back up tank or a grow out tank in case something major happen to my 190g. I am going to set this one at my nails salon in Guelph .
IMG_20141021_173337_edit.jpg
IMG_20141021_173317_edit.jpg
I am a fan of the led, any idea on changing the light in the hood to led, but strong enough to grow sps please let me know, thank

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I can't remember the company name. But there is a place that sells retro fit kits for bio cubes. They retain the stock hood. All you do is switch out the light.

I'll do some digging later today to see if I can find the place for you Kevin

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Rapidled.com is the retrofit company. They also are the ones who carry the onyx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I take the offer Torx , but will put it on hold and see if there is other option. I am waiting for Mitch (frag box) to order the apex for me, there fore I have to come and get the wire the connect wp to apex

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I take the offer Torx , but will put it on hold and see if there is other option. I am waiting for Mitch (frag box) to order the apex for me, there fore I have to come and get the wire the connect wp to apex

Great call on the Apex. If you purchase the correct drivers for the LED's, you can control the rapidLED light with the Apex. I have a parts for a few more harnesses, not sure if I will be ordering more after this batch though.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
U can have the hood on my dads is right in hood and looks clean ;)
I am just worry that your dad hood won't be strong enough to grow sps. I come to think that anything under the hood can keep sps but not strong enough to grow it at a good rate. After all this is a grow out tank. Let me know if it grow well and how old is the light