Hockey Talk & Video Games Too.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Yep. it's always the coach's fault in toronto, even when the team might actually make the playoffs and really wasn't playing that bad.

Problem is a captain that is a douche
a winger that only scores half a year and people only want to play on his line when he's winning
a center that stops to pray to mecca during every game
a winger that is uber prone to injury
a goalie that is good but overworked because defense is weak

But yeah, it was carlyle's fault. Leaf fans will never change.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
What's this got to do with the fans?
Lol, you could fire the entire team and management, would happen all over again in a few years, if your constantly beat up by people like you ( there are millions ) and the media that just feed the stigma that it's got more to do than you just playing hard game by game then nothing is really gonna change

You friends with phaneaf ? I wasn't aware, plz tell me how you know he isn't a good captain or how you know he is a 'douche'

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Lol. http://www.xoxojes.com/2010/06/dion-phaneuf-traded-due-to-banging.html
I didn't even know he grew up in Jersey. Dion is a tosser. He starts fights but then skates away like a sissy boy. A captain shouldn't do that. Either fight or don't. They showcased him on sportsnet the other night, how he at least used to drop the gloves as a flamer, but now just tries to instigate. That's not a leader of a hockey team, that's team weasel.

I feel for the fans. I really do. This year looked like it might be the first time in a decade they would make the playoffs in a full season. They were ahead of Boston. It was all good. Then suddlenly they hit a slump (almost every team does) and boom fire the coach. Even though they kept him last season when they lost 13 out of 14 games to not make the playoffs. NOW they fire him. Fans are left going "we're going to get Babcock!" (you're not he has a new deal just fyi), and the best: "Shanahan has a plan!!!" Shanahan being the morsel they dangled in front of you last year after that abysmal crash. (I won 4 guinness and 2 pounds of ribs, and I may win the same thing this year).

Did I mention the Bruins won again tonight and put you 3 points out of the last playoff spot? :)

P.S. I can't go shooting with you anymore since you're obviously very angry and bitter. Sorry club rules, "no leaf fans allowed after elimination from the playoffs"

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
HA! I find it funny a Boston fan of all people is accusing other people of being sissies, although I guess you would know better than anyone :/

I don't agree with firing, there's just a lack of team spirit and the attitude seems like a bunch of school girls with daddy issues saying ' whatever I'll do what I want to' ( say it with sass ) haha

theyangman

Distinguished Member
I didn't see any news of a babcock extension in Detroit Geln. Any links to back this up? Not that he would ever come to Toronto. Your best bet is one of the European cast offs. Boucher, or Crawford. Torts in Toronto would be good for a bunch of laughs, but I don't see any team taking a chance on him after his Vancouver debacle. He is going to have to prove himself again elsewhere I think.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
They offered him $3 million per year in Dec to stay, I assumed he took the deal, as Toronto didn't have that kind of cash to throw around (they spent it so well on an awesome half-year performer and a cool jersey captain afterall). I can't find that he signed either, but I'm having a meeting in a couple of hours with a huge wings fan he'll know the status.

...but no he wouldn't go to toronto because he truly cares about the team he coaches. He stated that his best team was the '07-'08 wings once, which must have stung a bit to his current roster.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
HA! I find it funny a Boston fan of all people is accusing other people of being sissies, although I guess you would know better than anyone :/

I don't agree with firing, there's just a lack of team spirit and the attitude seems like a bunch of school girls with daddy issues saying ' whatever I'll do what I want to' ( say it with sass ) haha

Dude, you can't even jokingly say that phaneuf isn't a wuss. Come on.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
PS: I love the duke nukem avatar.

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum...."

Because we all know DN3D was the best DN of all time.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Lol I'm feelingh pretty good about my "they won't make the playoffs again" bet. Last year it was 2 guinness and 2 pounds of wings, and this year we let that ride. Buddy was pretty mouthy about 3 weeks ago, but just crickets now.

Bruins seem to be waking up. I had written them off this season, I didn't think they would recover from some of the trades. Not sure they are going to keep their playoff spot but it looks more favourable.

theyangman

Distinguished Member
joe.jpg