Any Rc Fans Around

What RC do you enjoy most

• Total voters

4Hummer

You bastard lol that's sweet. My old boss was a pilot and took me up in a small prop and holy shit do you feel getting blown around lol better than a roller coaster. Hang glider with motor and landing gear lol :)

That is exactly what I fly now. Called Weight Shift Trike, or Just Trike for Short

Play in HD with the Sound Cranked Up

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Well hull is cut and sanded and today I soldered my prop shaft assembly together. Got a few spots that sanded through the hull where it was thin so gonna have to touch up a few pinholes with more resin on the inside then it will be ready for primer and internal framing. Got to grab a 1/8" mahogany sheet and some 1/2" square dowel tomorrow then I can get started on the real task of the deck sections. I decided to use a dc motor I have downstairs from an old printer since 3000 rpm is more than enough.... Hopefully I don't have to make a gear box, but if I do I already have gears for a 3:1 ratio. What is really going to suck is soldering 6.5ft of tiny handrail together :confused:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Here is how my RC ship will look just not quite as nice lmao. same ship just a professional made kit. Those guys build for museums.
image.jpeg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Thats pretty cool
Ya will be fun. Hull measures out to 54"L x 6"W x 3"H, 2.5"h at cargo hold, bow cabin should add another 3" plus mast and stern will be another 2" plus stack. Heading out after dinner to get stuff for the decking then get the support structure glued in. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with the 2 empty channels I'll have on my receiver lol, could add a pump for a water ballast system, or an operational deck crane. Already decided to hook up led to their own battery pack so the lights won't need a channel I'll just have them on a manual switch.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I vote air horn and blast pump that actually shoots water from the hull

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Ya I want the air horn... Got to see if my metal gear high torque servo will push the button hard enough lmao. I do want to hook up a bilge pump just in case. At least then I have enough time to get back to shore before it sinks!

I like the gun idea that shoots pellets instead...:D
That's the next project lol but I don't have the money to build the guns :( lol I want a battle ship.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Picked up a ton of 1/16" X1" cotter pins and 16G wire for the handrails so I'm sure I'll be cross eyed by night. Hopefully I get the bracing done and deck cut as well

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Lol I will need a videographer lmao wife is useless with a cam. You will see more River and less boat if she helps lol. Ya I plan on making a vid then probably sell it. I still think a water ballast sub with aptasia zapper would be the best :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Well got most the handrail done but ran out of cotter pins and Home Depot isn't getting more till weds. I kept the top rail in through the eyes and bottom rail on the outside so decided to attach the middle rail as a handrail on the inside. Doesn't look too bad. I'm going to install the deck solid and cut out a removable area for the parts just waiting for them to get here so I don't make it too big of an opening. Here where it's at now. Currently drawing a pattern for the cabin sections then it will start to look like a tanker. Found a 5 pack of diamond cutoff wheels for the Dremel at kW surplus for 5 bucks and has two mounting poles as well :). So far weighs 7 lbs hopefully it stays under 25 Untill ballast. I would much rather add more ballast then try to balance weight of components.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Couldn't find any balsa less than 1/4" so used a cardboard box lol now to coat it in fiberglass epoxy and get ready to paint. Those damn set of stairs were a pain in the ass the piece was the size of my fingernail. Once I finish all my cargo hatches I can coat my main deck with epoxy then paint then I can start final assembly. People don't realize I've have to put it together temporarily and pull it apart again about 1000 times just to fit everything nicely. Turns out I'm great at cardboard origami hahahaha. Still working on getting the hull smooth. I don't want it perfectly smooth since I want some roughness look to it. How many tankers you see out there all shiny and pretty anyway.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg