Aio Nano Reefs

Jewel

Great Pics, Love the tank Specs, I'm out of the Hobby and seeing your pics makes me miss the hobby very much, I know I'll have another tank one day I Love the AIO tanks. Thanks for sharing Jim

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
I've started planning and collecting equipment for a much larger display tank, which is really exciting.

I am looking at ~84"x24"x20" tall, 175 gallons. I picked up some equipment, lights and pumps, and now have to figure out where I am going to get the tank, and if its going to be Starphire or Acrylic. I understand that Acrylic is much (44%?) clearer than glass, and refracts much less light. Would probably be much easier to take pictures in an acrylic tank.

Does anyone know a good site/software/ap to plan a reef tank top to bottom?

Jewel

I've heard that acrylic is clearer but I just can't imagine that being true, I know it scratches easily. I'd like to see an Acrylic tank, I imagine that would be fairly thick. Probably lighter and easier to move than glass. I too have been collecting equipment but haven't ordering the tank yet, I'd like to have a closed Loop system instead of multiple power heads and Acrylic would be a lot easier to drill the required holes. I was thinking 96X24X24, 240 Gallons with 2 External over flows. It would be in wall with MH and LED Tagging along