What's Your Tds Reading Before Di?

S

sirhc13

As the title says...What tds reading is everyone getting pre DI filter? Mine reads 35 and I'm wondering if thats high?

S

sirhc13

35 is quite high, that will burn out your DI very quickly. As EricTMah says 3-8 is about normal for most people on City Water.
Yes i have noticed my di has been depleting much quicker than normal. Dual ro membranes were replaced in Oct and sediment and carbon 2 months ago and look clean. So I assume its the ro membranes that need replacing....thought they should last a lot longer than 8 months! ☹

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

S

sirhc13

Might switch back to 75gpd and only have to replace 1 ro membrane and see if that helps.

NEC

Yes i have noticed my di has been depleting much quicker than normal. Dual ro membranes were replaced in Oct and sediment and carbon 2 months ago and look clean. So I assume its the ro membranes that need replacing....thought they should last a lot longer than 8 months! ☹

Your RO membrane should last 2 years at least if proper care is taken. It could be something else though. Have you tested your water for chloramines or anything? That stuff can rip through an ro membrane easily.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

NEC

What are the best pre filters to buy

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
It depends on your needs. If you have chloramines or anything you should buy a carbon block designed for it. Other wise just your standard 5, 1, 0.5 micron carbon block works fine. Same with sediment filters. Smaller micron size removes more gunk but costs slightly more.

If you have 2 carbon blocks run a 5 and then a 1.

Places like Big show and reef supplies carry quality RO products.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca

My membrane is going on 18months and still testing within range.
Double check to see if the membranes are seated correctly so you're not getting blow by.
Also, do you have a gauge to see water pressure going into the membranes?

S8

S

sirhc13

My membrane is going on 18months and still testing within range.
Double check to see if the membranes are seated correctly so you're not getting blow by.
Also, do you have a gauge to see water pressure going into the membranes?

S8
Water pressure is 50psi and i run
1 5 micron sedimemt
1 5 micron carbon
1 0.6 micron carbon
Dual DI

I will check the ro membranes and see if anything changes.

Josh

Any suggestions on a TDS meter? In the market and i see theres alot of them and they are fairly cheap as well.

Pipes

My TDS is 375 - 380 into RO. RO strips it down to 12 - 14. One question though @sirhc13, You don't have a carbon filter after the membrane do you? I've seen carbon filters add to the TDS. Just a thought.

shiftline

Website Affiliate
60 in. 2-3 after membrane. 0 after DI :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk