• skimz sk181 cone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
ok Im buying a skimmer tomorrow ive decided. if only I could decide what one lol

im contemplating putting all 3 names in a hat and picking.....

before voting, realize the sk181 is like $150 more then all the others and should probally be out of my budget :p im hoping to stay in budget  (this time)....maybe

Blob-79

Super Active Member
family pet centre? the fish tanks..comes and goes..mostly comes lol. the coral tanks seem to have improved.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
im not sure cyano can actually "outbreak" because of putting a little cyano in your tank. Cyano has potential to grow anywhere, and doesnt need to be introduced. Either way no, when my cyano started, was around when I started biopellets, which in turn was right after I changed tanks completely. When cyano began growing, Nothing new had been purchased for a long time.

ya the cyano has straightened out. Turns out, as I thought about it...I changed my metal halides january of last year. that makes my bulbs 16 months old. Just got them changed out, cyano almost all vanished now

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
thats great to hear,was lookin over the older posts from the bio-pellet journals,your probably right,i cant find much info on if it can be spread from tank to tank,just mainly if the nutrients are there it will thrive,just would of been my knee-jerk reaction if it had happened here,should have my bio pellet reactor runnin here this week and am looking forward to not vodka dosing daily,well i should say going back to vodka dosing daily,i stopped before i transfered my livestock into the new tank and have been working against the clock to get a jump on everything before it builds up.

S

shayneh

I still maintain that downdrafts are the best even after reading the article....LOL! But do agree they are energy sucking hogs.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
I agree. but sadly no room under my 75 for a downdraft :p not to mention the tank is in the same room I watch tv in. So noise needs to be low.

I ended up getting a swc160 cone. So far I like it. Only thing I think is kinda cheesy is the valve that controls the water height in the skimmer. its pretty lame. No big deal though.Ill have that changed out tomorrow. The build quality on it imo rivals the skimz units, however the gate valves incorporated into the skimz, I must say are awsome. I almost bought the skimz cone, but sitting next to the swc cone...the minor differences between the 2 skimmers to me didnt equate to more then $150 difference in price.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Congrats on getting the skimmer,i agree with shaynah myself,I wouldn't trade my MRC for any other.this is what it was showing after 15 min running on my new setup.I'm not referring to the foam but the chunks it is pulling

Status
Not open for further replies.