Recipe

Pipes

Does anyone want to share their secret formulas for making fish food?

Share your What and How, and maybe even your Where (as in place to purchase base ingredients).

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Fresh and raw
Shrimp
Squid
Muscles
Baby octopus
Scallops
Clams
Reef roids
Nori
Fresh garlic
Amino acid fish food supplement

Rinse all seafood with tap. Then soak with Rodi for an hr and rinse again.

Place all in blender and pulse while adding Rodi water until the right consistency. Place in LG freezer zip lock. Flatten and get all the air out and freeze.

Done and done

Sony Xperia Z3

heath

Distinguished Member
Fresh and raw
Shrimp
Squid
Muscles
Baby octopus
Scallops
Clams
Reef roids
Nori
Fresh garlic

Place all in blender and pulse while adding Rodi water until the right consistency. Place in LG freezer zip lock. Flatten and get all the air out and freeze.

Done and done

Sony Xperia Z3

pretty much the same, except my guys don't like squid and muscles.. and I put mine in special ice cube trays to freeze then into a plastic container...

Pipes

Fresh and raw
Shrimp
Squid
Muscles
Baby octopus
Scallops
Clams
Reef roids
Nori
Fresh garlic

Done and done

Sony Xperia Z3
Do you have certain measurements, like 8 shrimp, 4 ____,2 ____, etc. And I assume you just break off pieces? After is it put directly into the tank, or do you soak it in _____?

pretty much the same, except my guys don't like squid and muscles.. and I put mine in special ice cube trays to freeze then into a plastic container...
Heath. Do you still use garlic water too ?

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
2 handfuls of peeled shrimp
Half a squid
The Three muscles
4 baby octopus
3 scallops
2 clams
1 tablespoon reef roids
2 full sheets of nori cut up into small pieces before adding to slurry
6 cloves of garlic
Teaspoon of amino acid

Blend the squid, octopus, muscles, and clams first. Then add shrimp, scallops and garlic next. Keep blending and adding Rodi water until the right size and consistency. Then add nori and amino acids and blend again.

Sony Xperia Z3

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Do you have certain measurements, like 8 shrimp, 4 ____,2 ____, etc. And I assume you just break off pieces? After is it put directly into the tank, or do you soak it in _____?

Heath. Do you still use garlic water too ?
After frozen. I just break off a piece and defrost in cup with some tank water. Stir it really well after its defrosted to break up the pieces and then feed.

My fish go nuts over this recipe. They've been on it for almost two years now and still no complaints ;)

You can get all the raw ingredients at a zehrs, sobeys or super store.

Sony Xperia Z3

Pipes

2 handfuls of peeled shrimp
Half a squid
The Three muscles
4 baby octopus
3 scallops
2 clams
1 tablespoon reef roids
2 full sheets of nori cut up into small pieces before adding to slurry
6 cloves of garlic
Teaspoon of amino acid

Blend the squid, octopus, muscles, and clams first. Then add shrimp, scallops and garlic next. Keep blending and adding Rodi water until the right size and consistency. Then add nori and amino acids and blend again.

Sony Xperia Z3
After frozen. I just break off a piece and defrost in cup with some tank water. Stir it really well after its defrosted to break up the pieces and then feed.

My fish go nuts over this recipe. They've been on it for almost two years now and still no complaints ;)

You can get all the raw ingredients at a zehrs, sobeys or super store.

Sony Xperia Z3
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

heath

Distinguished Member
yup, I still use garlic water, not all the time tho.. and what is left goes into their food...also, all of the things that I use to make the food is dedicated for the fish only, DON'T use your kitchen tools/utensils.. making spaghetti sauce then making fish food,...duh...and don't use wooden spoons...

Pipes

yup, I still use garlic water, not all the time tho.. and what is left goes into their food...also, all of the things that I use to make the food is dedicated for the fish only, DON'T use your kitchen tools/utensils.. making spaghetti sauce then making fish food,...duh...and don't use wooden spoons...
Excellent points. It's great to have the Pro's and semi Pro's chipping in. We all learn. And given what actually goes into pet food, we are probably all better off making our own...

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Just go to your local butcher, and ask for some cow heart,liver, and tongue, cook it,add that to their daily diet and you will get the shiniest and smoothest coat ever, we did that for our dogs when we lived on the farm and they never looked better:)

heath

Distinguished Member
I am lucky, my dogs are very healthy and their coats are shinnie..also, found a vet that does the same protocol that I do when it comes to their shots...not that they are any better than any other dog, they are semi retired show dogs...

Pipes

Just go to your local butcher, and ask for some cow heart,liver, and tongue, cook it,add that to their daily diet and you will get the shiniest and smoothest coat ever, we did that for our dogs when we lived on the farm and they never looked better:)
Hey did you steal that from my Haggis recipe?:D All your missing is the lung...High in protein.:eek: