Quick Shots Of My 120

reefgeek

Tank is coming along rather nicely, you have some good sps growth as well. Are you dosing calcium / alkalinity, running a kalk system, or just doing very frequent water changes?

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Some of you know. I had a huge (6"-8") blue tang in my tank that I've had for almost 11 years. I wanted him out. But I was dreading having to take my tank apart over the holidays to get him out. I even tried a trap and baiting a small non barbed hook with no luck.

By chance I was able to scoop him out last night with just a single swoop of a net. :D. I'm still in shock I was able to get him.

I moved him to my frag tank to ensure he's ok before going to a new home.

I also met up with steve last night to grab some of his sps to hold till he's back up and running. Along with that. I bought both his clams.

I made room for the gold maxi in my display, and the blue is in my frag tank patiently waiting for me to build my new system.

I'm going to try and get some updated shots of my tank later today.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419078527206.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419078527206.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 71
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419078705742.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419078705742.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 68

Cliff

I want to go bigger but if no one buys mine I will just set it up again. I loved the wall and I put tones of work into it. So it wouldent hurt my feelings if I had to use it again lol
The room that the wall gives is awesome. At one time I had the wall full of corals and the tank looked great

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I want to go bigger but if no one buys mine I will just set it up again. I loved the wall and I put tones of work into it. So it wouldent hurt my feelings if I had to use it again lol
The room that the wall gives is awesome. At one time I had the wall full of corals and the tank looked great
You're right. It is a boat load of work to do.

I personally love mine for the space and how unique it is.

I'd like to see your tank up and running again.

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
You're right. It is a boat load of work to do.

I personally love mine for the space and how unique it is.

I'd like to see your tank up and running again.

i second getting that tank running ;) a foam wall might be what i need for my cove design hmmmmm gears are turning now do you need tank empty todo the wall or can i add in ?

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
i second getting that tank running ;) a foam wall might be what i need for my cove design hmmmmm gears are turning now do you need tank empty todo the wall or can i add in ?
Your foam wall can be sprayed directly to the tank or on a egg create frame. Either way the tank will need to be emptied. If it's on a frame(like mine). You'll still need the tank dry to silicone in place. This stuff floats like no ones business.

Cliff

Also if they are large sheets you may want to think about totally sealing them to the back glass. Some on rc have complained about detutrius build up between the wall and the glass. To solve that I completly sealed mine. The only removable pieces are the overflow covers.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Also if they are large sheets you may want to think about totally sealing them to the back glass. Some on rc have complained about detutrius build up between the wall and the glass. To solve that I completly sealed mine. The only removable pieces are the overflow covers.
All I do is take a power with a hose attached to it and blow behind the wall once a few months. I didn't want to seal it to the back or the sides in case I have to flip my tank due to scratches