Poseidons Tube Tower Fw Tank

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
This is tank is up and running as of this morning!
Two platys already living in it. - ( I used a cycling bacteria )

Under gravel filter is in place, I still need to find another air pump,

Question- how powerful should the bubbles in the UG filter tube be ?

New lighting is en route via china mail lol
2 led bulbs that are remote controlled coloured

Parker plastics in London did a great job (so far) $35 to put a brand new bottom on it, and they even water tested it lol.

5534eb85f46140b521649b249facfee5.jpg

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Yes bigges air pump you can but also the finest bubble possible. I believe from wood stones if I'm not mistaken
When I had a freshwater tank running I gave up on the wooden air stones and used the glass bead ones, found most of the wooden ones didn't work or were plugged. Loks great Brandon !

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I prefer large bubble when running a UG.

But it's all personal preference

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2
+1
Large bubbles move more water in FW airstones make it look pretty. With that tank the air pump is already fighting a ton of back pressure due to the depth adding airstones will really kill the flow unless you use a big time air pump.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I want to do 2 air pumps.
One large one with no air stone for the UG filter, to draw as much waste as possible,
And another pump with an air stone at the bottom of the tank to create the 'pretty' tiny bubbles lol :)

How far down the tube should the large air pump go?

( rob I do need to get a large one from you lol)

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I want to do 2 air pumps.
One large one with no air stone for the UG filter, to draw as much waste as possible,
And another pump with an air stone at the bottom of the tank to create the 'pretty' tiny bubbles lol :)

How far down the tube should the large air pump go?

( rob I do need to get a large one from you lol)
check in to dual line pumps Brandon, you may be able to pick up one that has duo air lines. See my new post, The tropical fish room in Brantford is closing, you may find a deal there, some of the pumps being used in the store?

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I've got a good sized dual line one I got from pets and ponds forget how much but it was reasonable. I use it right now but only one side for a nitra guard bomb

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
if the airlines are entering the top of the tank there might be considerable back pressure, you might need a fairly strong pump, maybe a piston type.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Also be sure that there is a check valve on there. With that pressure, if the power goes out and water rushes up that hose, it will easily go over the tank and start a siphon. I am speaking from experience.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Check valves are brutal for back pressure better if there is any way to mount the air pump above the water level with as little hose as possible. I have a few dual line air pumps even bnib