Nice Clams!!

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Looking at a reefbuilders article on the Red Sea maxima clams....
Looks like a place in the states got a shipment of a few hundred in late last year.... Says they have not imported any clams from the Red Sea in quite a few years.... Should be interesting to see whether we see some surface around here.... Wonder if they are coming from the states where that big batch I was referring to was imported or if it's a seperate import direct from the Red Sea.....

Jewel

When I was at Coral Reef in Burlington I was told that Clams come thru the States as the import to Canada will not be possible in the future. And the price is going to soar.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:
When I was at Coral Reef in Burlington I was told that Clams come thru the States as the import to Canada will not be possible in the future. And the price is going to soar.
t

Heard this 6 months ago

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Jewel link=topic=7506.msg77671#msg77671 date=1390320442]
t

Heard this 6 months ago
[/quote]

Heard this too, drove the prices up for awhile too.... Dunno if it's valid or just a sales pitch

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=7506.msg77674#msg77674 date=1390320927]

[quote author=Jewel link=topic=7506.msg77671#msg77671 date=1390320442]
t

Heard this 6 months ago
[/quote]

Heard this too, drove the prices up for awhile too.... Dunno if it's valid or just a sales pitch
[/quote]

Just because its been so long and no truth has came out of the rumours, I'm going with sales pitch. 

Jewel

ya you're right, well it worked, 2-3 years ago you'd pay 50-75 bucks now is 150-300. But if you figure how slow they grow then long term its not too bad.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
davesolo29 link said:
Hmmm.  Is part of this conversation gone?  I seem to remember seeing more. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wasn't the right place to talk about other clams in someone else's form.  Deleted out of respect for Aquariums be Design