Nice Clams!!

spyd

Super Active Member
I was just in at Aquariums by Design and they had some sweet Maximas!!! Electric Blue and Golds!! Some nice large ones (6" plus) and medium sized ones (4" plus) I couldn't resist and ended up grabbing a nice blue with gold rim. I will post a pic once it is settled in. Fair pricing on them as well for the size!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
spyd link said:
I was just in at Aquariums by Design and they had some sweet Maximas!!! Electric Blue and Golds!! Some nice large ones (6\" plus) and medium sized ones (4\" plus) I couldn't resist and ended up grabbing a nice blue with gold rim. I will post a pic once it is settled in. Fair pricing on them as well for the size!

How's that gonna work with your tusk fish???

spyd

Super Active Member
No worries about the Tusk Fish. These are large enough that they dont bother with them. I have one all ready in my tank that is smaller and it never touched it.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
spyd link said:
No worries about the Tusk Fish. These are large enough that they dont bother with them. I have one all ready in my tank that is smaller and it never touched it.

Nice!
How is he with shrimp ?

Jewel

I was at Canada Corals yesterday and they had some really nice Clams as well, just a bit pricey for me plus I was looking for a Crotera, but then I stopped in at the Coral Reef shop in Burlington and picked up a Maxima about 5 inches for a little better price. I did pick up a Nuclear Green Candy Cane with unusually large polyps from Canada Corals. Note Never take the wife with you when shopping for Coral. I guess it didn't help that I also bought a Figi Yellow Leather an Mp40 and a WP25. I heard about it, But seriously I got a great deal on the MP40 used at ORG.

Jewel

I stopped by today to look at the Toxic Green Bubble and was disappointed, nothing Toxic there, I picked up a few Corals and ya the Clams are unbelievable.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Jewel link said:
I stopped by today to look at the Toxic Green Bubble and was disappointed, nothing Toxic there, I picked up a few Corals and ya the Clams are unbelievable.
Gotta remember. That ad was five days old.  Stuff sells. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spyd

Super Active Member
Here's a pic of my clam. I used my ipad for the pic so it doesn't do it justice. Bright blue with gold rim.

7812ea2d8056ceb87d423e5a8f4517c0_zps695dbedc.jpg

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
That looks pretty sweet spyd!! I've never kept a clam before....maybe it's time.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Reef Hero link said:
That looks pretty sweet spyd!! I've never kept a clam before....maybe it's time.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will find a nice pink one for you Ben. Lol

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Stay tuned, but there is a great chance you will see some wild Red Sea clams in Canada shortly.  The last shipment in the GTA was cultured clams, these wild Red sea clams are going to be AMAZING!!!!!!

Awesome clam spyd.  Great pick up!

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Are you getting the wild Red Sea clams Dave??? Send me a pm if you got more details.....
:popcorn:

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Reef Hero link said:
Are you getting the wild Red Sea clams Dave??? Send me a pm if you got more details.....
:popcorn:

No no, not me, one store will bring them in and share with the rest of us :)

I am sure Aquariums be Designs will be part of the group that gets some as well :)

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
davesolo29 link said:
I know stace gets lots of stuff thru aquatic kingdom.  So they would be my guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure about AK for the wild Red Sea, possible however, they are not who I was referring too (I don't want to mention names as nothing is 100% confirmed yet).  The last clams were cultured Tahiti clams and it was AK who brought all of them in and sold to other stores.