Need Your Help For A Study I Will Be Participating In :)

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
www.sustainablemarinecanada.ca
Hey gang,
I am looking for some established colonies ( 5years old or so ) of Pocillopora. Both, thin branch and thick branch (preferably colorful) We are going to use them to participate in a coral spawning study. I’d very much appreciate the help of the reefing community in helping find colonies of these specs :)
Thank you in advance ! #sustainablemarinecanada #canadacopepods #marineaquarium #lfstores #saltwateraquarium #fishstoreadventures #coralspawning

bde9e932f1a5b001761ac55281cfa1ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Those suckers sure do like to spawn. In my last tank I fought them as hard as GSP, little colonies would just crop up all over the place, the only coral I've ever known to do that was frogspawn... good luck with the study, hopefully the results will be "nuke them from space" :)

reefdiver

Website Affiliate
Website
www.sustainablemarinecanada.ca
Those suckers sure do like to spawn. In my last tank I fought them as hard as GSP, little colonies would just crop up all over the place, the only coral I've ever known to do that was frogspawn... good luck with the study, hopefully the results will be "nuke them from space" :)
lol, we are going to be using them because they spawn so easily. The study is going to revolve around materials and conditions in which the coral spawn will settle best. The hope is to be able to contribute to the reef restoration efforts as well as captive coral propagation practices.