Need to start dosing help

Shawn White

Hi everyone I’ve noticed my calcium and all are continuously low so I think I need to start dosing I have no idea how to get started there is a lot of videos out there with different suggestions I was wondering what everyone on here is doing ?
What is the easiest and cheapest way to do it right the first time thanks

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
I use a jebao dosing pump, pulling from a reservoir with Tropic Marin bio calcium and AquaVitro 8.4, with a little magnesium added. I measured out a half cup of calcium, cup and a half of 8.4, in 2L of RODI water, all stirred by an air pump. Started by setting the doser to put out 1 ML of solution an hour after lights out to maintain PH during the night. Started and checked it day 1 after a water change, checked again day 7, was still noticing a notable drop, upped the doser by 1 ml, and kept doing that until the fall-off was minimal. I don't test regularly for alk and PH (god how I wish I could justify buying an Alk tracker...) so I wanted to make sure both were still gradually falling, the doser just makes it happen much more slowly to prevent burning anything or causing chalk to build up.