Need A Roof Any Suggestions

carnut

Time for the old house to get a new roof. Anyone get one done lately that your happy enough to recommend a company? Having a tough time even getting people to quote.

Thanks

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Totalroofing did mine, it is just above average cost with them but they did an amazing job, tarps everywhere so not a single nail, and they even went over it with a magnet roller after, great trim work, and vents were done properly, even put an extra 2 nails in every single, all new plywood on the roof and they where still done in under a day

MrHermit85

Forest city did mine a few years back. Middle ground for cost. Not too bad with cleanup just a few nails. Drove by the old house the other day and the roof is still there
:)

Kyle1970

Steel roof in Innisfil if you feel like DIY
I did our bungalow for around $10,000
Had a company in Cambridge quote our roof shingled at $7000

I wanted to never have to do my roof again as I was mid 30s.
Don’t regret it one bit.

carnut

thanks for the replies. Next question what brand of shingles did you get and are you still happy with them. I have three guys selling 3 different brands, Iko, Gaf and certainteed.

MrHermit85

I can’t remember the brand but they were architectural shingles That had a fibreglass strip for strength. They had a good warranty too. Wish I could remember the brand for you.

Zombiex

I thibk its IKO brand they were having issues with delamination. Its the brand roof mart sells. Not sure if they are still having issues with them. I have always liked GAF.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Just happened to come on for the first time in 2 years lol. As a 12 yr roofer I can say if I used shingles it would only be certainteed timberline. They are full composite and 30 yr lifespan and will outlast all other brands by 10+ years. Better for high wind areas too. If you want to do it yourself go with steel it will be a bit cheaper then a company doing shingles and will never have to worry except a paint job every 50yrs or so. Super easy to do and vicwest delivers anywhere in Canada for $100

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Just happened to come on for the first time in 2 years lol. As a 12 yr roofer I can say if I used shingles it would only be certainteed timberline. They are full composite and 30 yr lifespan and will outlast all other brands by 10+ years. Better for high wind areas too. If you want to do it yourself go with steel it will be a bit cheaper then a company doing shingles and will never have to worry except a paint job every 50yrs or so. Super easy to do and vicwest delivers anywhere in Canada for $100

Miss ya bud !