Loving Flow Generators

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have seen a lot of people using these and had some major mixed reviews on them. There is a public available design so I decided to give it a go.

Fired up the 3d printer with some black PETG filament. After a few tweaks to the print I finally got a nice sample printed. Installed the 1/2" lockline onto my IM NUVO 20 Dropoff and holy crow they work. When I put my hand in the water I can feel the flow move around my hand. There is a primary spot directed on my jamd but I can feel other streams randomly moving and it is pretty cool.

I have not noticed any major changes in the tank. It has only been a few days and I already run a MP10WQD on ReefCrest which simulates a high-energy reef environment. I can definitely see how this would benefit a tank; even more so if you have a standard powered or looking for just that little extra bit.

b54130156a4e078316fa318457348d8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
I was thinking of trying these, how far below the surface are they, I am worried about vortices forming.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I was thinking of trying these, how far below the surface are they, I am worried about vortices forming.
The output of my nozzle is only 1/2" below the surface and if running just the nozzle I get a small one now and then. When I turn on the MP10 it must disrupt things eniugh to stop it.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
You can see the surface agitation moving and increasing. Very random. No other flow is running on the tank, just the return nozzle with RFG nozzle

Matt1997

Both my tanks have them under 1/2” from the surface. No cavitation. When I initially filled the tank there was minor cavitation until some coraline algae filled in the gaps. Took about a week

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
On thingiverse.com
No threaded on this specific part as it is loc-line. I am sure there are adapters or one can be made.

Definitely cool. No issues with the water submersion? What were your settings, 100% infill?
I have 1 return split to 2, but very weak. I've added an MP60 which moves "too much" water on one side of the tank, so I'm wanting to mix things up via the return on the other side...these might be perfect. Good find!! :)

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
I am starting to print a bunch in 1/2". I need to buy some lockline in different sizes so that I can test fit them as well.

I would be needing 4 x 3/4"

Jason Bell

Let me know how much $$$ looking for 2pcs 1/2" and 2pcs 3/4". I finally plumbed in the M1 pump I bought from you in January, works great.