Innovative Marine Fusion Nuvo 25 L

Canadianeh

I am considering think tank and I understand it has dual inflow channels. From the list below, are these the only extra things that I need to buy that does not come with the tank? Also since it has dual inflow, which items below that I have two buy 2 other than the media caddy? :)

SpinStream Flow Nozzle 000001
MagnaFuge LED Refugium Light 7601
Replacement 200 Micron Filter Sock 9003
FishGuard Over Flow Protectors 7701
AccuDrip Fish and Coral Acclimator 7101
CustomCaddy Customizable Media Basket 7400
SkimMate Ghost Protein Skimmer 7203
MiniMax AIO (All-In-One) Media Reactor 7301
Fusion 25 Mesh Screen Top w/ Lid Clips 050704K

anything else is missing that is necessary for me to have that is not listed here other than heater?

Last edited:

heath

Distinguished Member
I wish that I could, but unfortunely I know nothing about small tanks... were are you located.. beloved earth is pretty broad and we have members all over Ontario that I'm sure could give you better advise... my smallest tank is a 45g AIO...
I am sure that we could find you a mentor...

heath

Distinguished Member
that helps a lot... I would make a post asking if there is someone close that could help you find a tank and help with setting it up... I did research and read books for about 1.5yrs before I took the plunge into saltwater... its not as scary as some articles let on but, I do know that small tanks have their own challenges...and I tend to keep my tanks pretty simple.. I try and use the KISS theory when possible...

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
my friend.

take my advice, or dont up to you :)

Do not start out with a 25g. I would recommend to anyone new, start 75g or bigger.

The small reefs are better left for the expert reefers as they require an immense amount of knowledge and work to become successful. And even then, one tiny slip up will kill everything.

The more water volume you have, the more of a buffer you have. More volume= more stability.

My first was a 60g. I failed, (A; i didnt know enough, B: small mistakes were devastating because of limited forgiveness due to small size.)
within 2 months i traded up to a 135g, with a 50g sump.

I successfully managed to keep a mixed reef with lots of fish for over a year before i moved up even higher. (180g) and so on.

Canadianeh

my friend.

take my advice, or dont up to you :)

Do not start out with a 25g. I would recommend to anyone new, start 75g or bigger.

The small reefs are better left for the expert reefers as they require an immense amount of knowledge and work to become successful. And even then, one tiny slip up will kill everything.

The more water volume you have, the more of a buffer you have. More volume= more stability.

My first was a 60g. I failed, (A; i didnt know enough, B: small mistakes were devastating because of limited forgiveness due to small size.)
within 2 months i traded up to a 135g, with a 50g sump.

I successfully managed to keep a mixed reef with lots of fish for over a year before i moved up even higher. (180g) and so on.

My ears are open to all suggestions. I am a newbie here :)

Based on your suggestion though, salt water tank hobby goes out of the window for people who live in a small home such as condo, or who simply don't have space for big tanks. At the same time, I understand the concept of the more water volume the less sensitive your tank becomes.

I'd like to hear what other experienced members here have to say as well. :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
My ears are open to all suggestions. I am a newbie here :)

Based on your suggestion though, salt water tank hobby goes out of the window for people who live in a small home such as condo, or who simply don't have space for big tanks. At the same time, I understand the concept of the more water volume the less sensitive your tank becomes.

I'd like to hear what other experienced members here have to say as well. :)

obviously, if you dont have the space, then my comment doesn't apply.
people do run successful nano/small tanks, so its not IMPOSSIBLE, just much more difficult. id hate to see you start out and become discouraged.

its like playing a new video game and starting on hardcore mode IMO ;)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
I have a 20g tall in wall, and it is constant maintenance, top ups and water changes, I got sick from palytoxin in March, less than a week of sickness is all it took for the tank to take a dive, mind you my skimmer cup maxed out and starting back flowing into the tank, but just like that they can go downhill quick, I went from coloured up SPS, to brown sticks in days!! Be careful and very diligent with these small tanks, they are hard to care for, but I do find it more rewarding than a big tank, even though they can make you pull your hair out:), good luck and look forward to seeing your venture into saltwater:)

Sean

heath

Distinguished Member
I have never had a small tank, I jumped in big time.. my first tank was 90g... how much room to do have for a tank... I agree with the other experts comments, think about if the stability goes out of wack by 1% that's a lot ( 1% of 14 g) in a small tank where as in a larger tank they are far more forgiving due to the water volume.. (1% of 90 g ) just my 2 cents... and another thing how much time do you want to dedicate to the tank on a daily basis...could take the fun out of having it...

Canadianeh

I prefer to not maintain it everyday of course. Once per week is okay. So how big of tank is consider big enough?

Friendly

hey eh, while a tank it starting up, you need to do constant checking to make sure your parameter's are good etc. once it's cycled, you've had livestock and no issues and the tank is stable, your need for daily maintenance changes. you still need to look at the tank on a daily basis though, see if any animals are showing distress or signs of issues like algae etc.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
looking at my tank on a daily basis has never been a problem for me ;)
but yes, once its up and running like Friendly said, the work does 'lessen' just a bit.

75g is decent size, same foot print as a 90g though.

18" wide x 48" long

Or find a corner tank, that will help cut down on space.
I used to have a 90g bow corner tank... loved that thing

Canadianeh

I was looking at IM50 Lagoon and the price $1500 is double than IM25L.
My den is used for play area for my son so I have to put it in my living room and 50
L will be way too big.

30L is nice too but no none sells the stand