Income Tax

Pipes

Well tax time is now past. How did everyone make out? Personally I get put over a barrel every year being self employed. 2015 cost me $6234 and change + HST quarterly payment. Now I'm broke.:( I don't mind paying taxes for Police/fire/hospital/paramedics/Public schools. I just hate seeing it get wasted.:mad: And it's not just the federal guys...I see money being wasted right here in little old Ingersoll. God forbid our mayor should have to pass up a trip to China to discuss ??? at a conference.

I have a buddy near by, who is a retired carpenter, and takes everything in cash. He's got it figured out. I'm just too dam honest for my own good.

Pipes

I don't get it. I made just over $28,000.00 after expenses, and still paid over $6K. I must need a new accountant to tell me when to spend money... but then a "write off" is just money that isn't in my pocket.

Pipes

Let's switch jobs! Last year I made $1k lmao! Stupid student wage!
Zach. Don't forget, you may have low wages now, but an education will make you more $ in the long run. Don't settle for a low wage job because it's easy. Get an education, and apply it. If you don't like were that takes you, re-train. Keep an open mind on your career path, opportunities will show up at unexpected times. Yah, yah, I know I sound like a fortune cookie.... That's how I went from policing to plumbing (with 4 other careers in between).

LIttle Reef Keeper

Website
www.facebook.com
Zach. Don't forget, you may have low wages now, but an education will make you more $ in the long run. Don't settle for a low wage job because it's easy. Get an education, and apply it. If you don't like were that takes you, re-train. Keep an open mind on your career path, opportunities will show up at unexpected times. Yah, yah, I know I sound like a fortune cookie.... That's how I went from policing to plumbing (with 4 other careers in between).
Lol thank you Sensei

Nighthawk26

Well tax time is now past. How did everyone make out? Personally I get put over a barrel every year being self employed. 2015 cost me $6234 and change + HST quarterly payment. Now I'm broke.:( I don't mind paying taxes for Police/fire/hospital/paramedics/Public schools. I just hate seeing it get wasted.:mad: And it's not just the federal guys...I see money being wasted right here in little old Ingersoll. God forbid our mayor should have to pass up a trip to China to discuss ??? at a conference.

I have a buddy near by, who is a retired carpenter, and takes everything in cash. He's got it figured out. I'm just too dam honest for my own good.

If you are self employed, why are you not paying quarterly as your year goes on? And HST, I hope you are using the quick method, never mind write offs. You shold be writing off everything from your car, to gas, to insurance, and repairs/maintenance. Your mortgage insurance if you have it, insurance, internet, cell phone, meals, tools, advertising, business cards, dry cleaning, heating, hydro, water tank rental if you got it. Portions of ALL of it.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Wife and i paid 73k in tax. 2k each into rsps and still owed $900....I know, not as bad as 2600 but still annoying lol

Kind of hurts when you see the government taking that much tax, then handing it over to "refugees" in cash and cell phones eh? My buddy's wife works at service ontario, they had to forcibly restrain one of these fine specimens because he dropped his free phone (with deluxe long distance) down a toilet or something, and they weren't replacing it fast enough for his liking so he reached through the counter and tried to strangle her. They aren't going to press charges, but instead work on beefing up the plexi on the service counter. You may well have to speak into a microphone soon when you get your license renewed... thank the government and their deeeeeep misunderstanding of what a refugee is.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I think I made around 34,000 ( I put more money away each pay check so I never have to pay in :D i didn't getnkuch back $367 was in pocket . And guess what .. The same day I got my check my cat needed to go to the vet because he's a male and got crystals in his pee long story short $400 later and the cats fine , I guess no corals for me .. Lol

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
We live in one of if not the best country in the world. We can say what we want do what we want and travel anywhere without a worry. We have free health care and a social system that looks after the less fortunate.

Us Canadians live like kings! Compared to other nations and people. Do we pay 50% of our earnings to live like this and allow other less fortunate humans to live here. Yes we do.

Our biggest worry is that all our wants may not be met and how our little ones might have their feelings hurt for not getting enough ice time.

Myself, I think it's a small price to pay. I think to be born in Canada, Ontario is like winning the lottery of places to call home.

That is all

Pipes

We live in one of if not the best country in the world. We can say what we want do what we want and travel anywhere without a worry. We have free health care and a social system that looks after the less fortunate.

Us Canadians live like kings! Compared to other nations and people. Do we pay 50% of our earnings to live like this and allow other less fortunate humans to live here. Yes we do.

Our biggest worry is that all our wants may not be met and how our little ones might have their feelings hurt for not getting enough ice time.

Myself, I think it's a small price to pay. I think to be born in Canada, Ontario is like winning the lottery of places to call home.

That is all
Totally agree. We're spoiled rotten "children" when it come to the rest of the world. We don't live in a war zone, or under a swastika. My biggest beef is with welfare. Fine for those who need it, but those who don't deserve it get just as much or more. I have a friend with CP. He needs it, and I don't have a problem with that. He could never work due to his "condition". It's the people who couldn't be bothered to get, or hold a job, that I have a beef with. I use to have a bumper sticker that said "I work hard because millions of people on welfare depend on me". Then the government spends more than they have (deficit/debt), and we're suppose to think this is OK. If I ran business like they run the country, I'd be in jail!

Oh, and not that it matters, but I wasn't born in Canada. I'm an immigrant too. I never got a cell phone or a welfare check from this or any other government. I work for a living, uphold the laws, and volunteer in the communities I've lived in. Wah, Wah, Wah. I love the safety of this country, but some who live here should be sent across the planet to see just what we have.

Rant done....

Pipes

got 5600 back :) probably the last year for that thanks to the damn liberals.
:p Sure, rub it in...... Don't worry about the liberals, ALL politicians are the same. They spend our money, tax us more, and don't even apologize for being a bunch of crooks!