how do i cool down a nano cube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleko

my nano is 24g and its at aprox 80F and i need to get it lower how do i wit hthe lights alone its at this temp. is there fan mods or anything?
Let me know
mason

xxmurrxx

80 is not a bad temp. I keep mine around 79-81
Not sure on the setup of the cube, but if it's totally covered you could open the lid over night

Seggsy

How many hours are you running the lights?  What kind are they?

I have a JBJ24 with MH - I was happy to see that the temp didn't go above 80 with the lights on for 7 hours.  I shoot for 78 in that tank, but it may hit 80 by the end of the light cycle.

D

Dr BlueThumb

I'm having the same problem and know that in the summer I can almost guarantee that it will reach between 83-86F

There is next to no evaporation for week's, so I'm guessing I might have to sacrifice the look's a bit and possibly cut opening's in the back and maybe drill the top.

when I lift the lid you can really see the built up evaporated water sliding off of it.

unless I upgrade the fan's but I'm sure the evaporation will ruin them in the long run.

on a side note: does anyone know where to buy the p.c light's? hopefully near windsor?

Kleko

i think im goign to re do the lights the are just basic condesent ones. Im goign to re do them to led and upgrade the fans

E

estwing2

when the water in a tank spikes too hot like in a summer heat wave, put water in a very small plastic container and freeze. Place in the tank overflow.  It works for a quick fix but watch the temperature has you don't want a dramatic change. Not good for the tank. Just enough to get the edge off is all you want.

F

fishit

go to princes auto and get a small fan for 3$ computer fan and run it when your lights come on to cool the top of the water when you figure out the amount of time it needs to be on put it on a timer mine turns on 2h after lights and 1h before they shut off but that's a 110 gal with halides with a large fan

lewis844

in the summer my tank heats up alot what i do is put a stand up fan that i got at home hardware for 20 buck and put it on my light timmer so when my lights are on the fan is on

Status
Not open for further replies.