Hi, I'm New On Here

coral addicts

I'm from Brantford and I learned alot from Jerry from The Tropical Fishroom.. glad to be here and learn more from everyone, share info and trades. Thanks for having me☺

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I drove passed the old tropical fish room today and there was a sign that said that there will be a re-opening? Will Jerry be reopening his store?

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
sSig_welcome1_zpscd7c20e7.gif
to the Frag tank! What kind of setup do you have? Oh, and post some pictures because we love pictures!! :)

coral addicts

Thanks☺ I'm not sure if Jerry is reopening, would be cool, he's showed me alot. I have a 20 gal long running 4yrs and I just started up 46 gal bowfront a month ago, i run fx5 on the 46 with 2 par 38 led bulbs, 2 hangon refugiums, i buy copepods when im getting low and run no skimmer, ive been using rain water for 6 months now. I have no room for anything bigger right now, I want a 180 gal in the future with a sump.

Everyone here seem polite and have lots of good info, I checkout alot of fish sw fish stores, I don't mind driving a few hours to see cool corals, I have access to a 20' trailer anytime if friends need help. Bigshowfrags.com I just found on here and his stuff is amazing, fragbox.ca Marcelo is cool too, I've met alot of nice people on kijiji, alot of deals and corals in Ontario. I did have 11 tanks running awhile ago but I split from the wife and sold almost everything and lost alot of money but kept 20 gal running.
Nice to be here and share frags and info with eachother and I don't mind lending a hand or a reason to go to fish stores lol

heath

Distinguished Member
Its hard to keep prices in check when you are a small retailer, maybe if more of us support him, he will be able to better prices with volume... I'm glad he's back, hope that he list his store on the site..sorry kind of off topic...

SamB

Super Active Member
Welcome to the forum - great people on here !

By the way, if Jerry re-opens, maybe he should consider having a little booth at the upcoming Frag Show !

coral addicts

Thanks, I think people in this hobby actually care and why everyone is nice here:) it would be good for Jerry to go and let everyone know he's back. I saw my first nautilus in his store, very weird creature

coral addicts

889d48cd959c877ffc35b5ea0a77b76a.jpg
7b2ecf46a81502fccfbfce93170af057.jpg
0efa50ea65040649756472ed5493fd03.jpg
6b65a552e9d00434401c6f69abdb08a3.jpg
4117a11de5376282910ecf81c97a82f1.jpg

Tank only 3 and a half weeks but most was from 4 old tank and all water was made from rain water, it's still a new tank sorta lol rocks were just rushed putting in. Pics are from tablet so not so good

coral addicts

Live sand, 2 refugiums and bio and 30 lbs live rock and 10 gals of water all from 4yrs old tank, chaeto, 2 pouches of Tiger pods, wave maker and par 38 leds helped alot too, reef crystals salt, filter floss, fluval new wet carbon, just did first 5 gal water change this morning. The stuff from old tank has sped up cycling, it's still stabalizing, mushrooms and palys are small so they are in shade on bottom in some shock but ricordia is doing good which is weird. Kenya trees popping up everywhere from colony, feather duster popped up and getting bigger every week. But the biggest difference I've noticed is the lights, T5's suck bigtime compared to par 38.
1 refugium grows chaeto with very little light and other grows algae which I take out every 2 weeks and it re grows and not in tank, like a algae scrubber basically.
I had T5's for years over 20 gal and then i switched to fluval marine LED bar but it burned corals and made algae on rocks like T5's did but within 3 days with new par 38 bulbs the algae just peeled off the rocks and glass by its self..