Fu#$&ng Aiptasia!

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Riley, when I was at Sealife yesterday they were acclimating 4 copperbands (hope I've got the number right) that are eating mysis and I think pellets as well. Definitely eating mysis. They'd been in quarantine until they were sure that they were eating other foods. Have no idea of the price, I'll get one eventually for the new tank.
I thought sea life was.closed on Mondays....

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Aquariums by Design

Website Affiliate
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Copperbanded Butterflys and Peppermint Shrimp are good options as they will continue to eat new Aiptasia that pop up without you even noticing. The drawback is that they usually can only eat the very small Aiptasia so if you have some large ones they probably won't eat them.
I've used Lemon Juice with good results but usually several doses are required. Aiptasia Rx by Blue Life works well but again, several doses may be required.

jroovers

Super Active Member
The only sure fire way to eliminate most of them is berghia nudis in my experience (I've had CBBs twice). I added 7 after the fragfest in the spring and they slowly started disappearing. I have been tearing down my tank in the past couple of weeks, and I was surprised that I could not see a single aptasia in my rockwork. I'm guessing a few nudis went with my rocks. I also had placed two or three in the sump where I had a ton of aptasia - I could see a single one in there last night before I finished draining it. I have two that I found in there that I'm trying to keep alive temporarily. Expensive, but well worth it IMO.

jroovers

Super Active Member
What do you want for the nudis jordan?!?!?!? I will buy em!!!!

Brandon is coming over tomorrow night and I told him he could take them, but I think he may not need them by sounds of it... if he is ok with it, I'll just pass them along to you. I didn't have the heart to suction them out and dispose of them, just getting to a new home would be good. Shoot him a PM and let me know.

Yeah im trying to find some locally.

You probably already know this but check with Herbert at ReefAquatica, he may be able to ship them directly to you. Not cheap though. I got my most recent ones from him in advance of FragFest (he just brought them with him and I picked them up there).

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Brandon is coming over tomorrow night and I told him he could take them, but I think he may not need them by sounds of it... if he is ok with it, I'll just pass them along to you. I didn't have the heart to suction them out and dispose of them, just getting to a new home would be good. Shoot him a PM and let me know.

You probably already know this but check with Herbert at ReefAquatica, he may be able to ship them directly to you. Not cheap though. I got my most recent ones from him in advance of FragFest (he just brought them with him and I picked them up there).

No no, go ahead and give them to tony.
I was just going to find them a new home shortly anyways.