frag tank conversion

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well plywood on, tank on top all i need is trim paint and attach door and stand is done putting sump under as we speak
20140715_163045.jpg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
No offense intended by this comment, but did you water test it?
I built a tank once, tested fine for a month and I still don't trust it haha

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
No offense intended by this comment, but did you water test it?
I built a tank once, tested fine for a month and I still don't trust it haha
ohhh i trust it held water for a couple days fine..... i fully re-sealed my 125 gal and built my acrylic sump all running finegoing on 6 months... if you do it right you got no worries

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
just remember the "P" rule... planning and preparation prevent piss-poor performance lol... well got bored so cut some egg crate and cut some 4" peices of abs pipe to raise eggcrate up off of bottom keeping it 12" below water line. will be putting 4 led bulbs for lights and a full spectrum t5ho to help boost growth. Heater will be hidden in sump near return pump and thats all ive decided on so far
20140716_195833.jpg20140716_195847.jpg

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay just need paint :) guess i know what im up to tomorrow.... all the trim on and door attached, didnt know i was tthat good at cutting 45's with a skill saw but hey it worked wasnt gonna drive to the brother in laws to make 8 mitre cuts with the chop saw lol call me lazy or sick of gas prices your choice lol
.20140717_205952.jpg20140717_210020.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
getting bored is gonna cost me money soon... used some screw hooks and 1/16"cable and alluminum sleeves i had laying around and hung my sump light, keeps it high dry and out of my way am liking it so far next step is buy some plumbing when i get the paint and hopefully water running soon still have to buy lights but got a plan set. Wife wants to paint all black but white trim i want all black but i see who will win.... i hate leverage lol
20140718_195559.jpg

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Lol don't cave.... Black hides defects and finger prints and stains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
water is running temporarily with some tubing i had kicking around. runs great shut it off still had 3" in sump to spare feels good to see water flowing ... filled a dump compartment right before return with live rock will add some chaeto later since i got lots :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well got my overflow running quiet finally.... turned up the flow till the flushing disappeared water line is staying level and stops and starts with no problems. by the time i get the lights water will be more than ready...... feels good knowing i got 75 gal of mix in a resevoir with a pump is gonna make water changes alot easier..... was getting sick of hauling buckets of mix through the basement20140722_110728.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
if it wasnt tempered would have cut it to so i dont have to rip off the back panel when i move but oh well more fun for the future i enjoy building tanks just my wallet and wife arent so understanding lol but must say is a beast at least now i have lots of room to grow out things and frag