Diy Screen Lids?

theyangman

Distinguished Member
With the addition of the mystery wrasse I have finally caved and will need some sort of lid system. I know BRS sells their screen lid kits, but has anyone built any locally and can lend me some pointers?

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Mystery wrasse.. nice choice.

I know any fish can jump, but my mystery seems to chill and not be as much of a jumper compared to other types of wrasse.
I have seen many others keep them in rimless tanks without screens. If you are still running a canopy, it might be enough

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Depends on type of light. My t5s are 5" off the water and there is no noticeable difference. But my old tank had cheap chinese leds, and the eggcrate did create "grid" shadow.
I noticed a big difference when I switched to a thinner material for the screens.

Probably cause t5's have such a dispersed light. My maxspects cast one hell of a shadow with egg create

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
lowes has the screen kits but BRS is the only place I know to get the 1/4" clear mesh

reefgeek

While I have not yet built it yet, (I have bought it) Lowes carries a diy aluminum window screen kit similar to the one carried by BRS, for the mesh I bought a roll of plastic bird netting intended for garden use which has roughly 3/4" spacing, is very thin and UV resistant. Hope that helps.

4Hummer

While I have not yet built it yet, (I have bought it) Lowes carries a diy aluminum window screen kit similar to the one carried by BRS, for the mesh I bought a roll of plastic bird netting intended for garden use which has roughly 3/4" spacing, is very thin and UV resistant. Hope that helps.

Exactly what I did. Works great. If your in the KW area I have tons of extra netting and the tool used to insert the cord into the screen frame you can borrow

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Here is the sample lid i have at shows. By doing them this way, i can make cutouts for everything. Auto feeders, overflows, and electrical.

I have a few requests already for lids. I will be doing a special in the new year.

59a9d28a5014247c90be03d856f3f435.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
I have taken tomorrow off work (day job) so that i can finalize the numbers, and will make a post with some pricing.

Sorry for the delays. I have a "situation" i am dealing with right now. I was miss quoted, and it is potentially going to cost me thousands.... Hopefully it doesn't, but until i get sorted out, i am focusing on it. Verbal quotes... I should know better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heath

Distinguished Member
what would you suggest for a bow front, my beautiful fairy wrasse committed suicide, I would like another one just not on the living room floor..