Canister Filters And Saltwater

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I think what everyone needs to realize is that there is more then one way of getting " there". 20 years ago all the fancy equipment did not exist. It's great that some can afford all the fancy and best equipment I wish I could. Some of us who still enjoy the hobby have to work a little harder at it but we still very much enjoy this hobby.... I enjoy all the awesome people I have met as well. It would be better to see us supporting each other instead of "mine is better then yours ".

kapelan

"all the equipment has to be in the Display Tank"
that's the answer for this thread. Canister filter will provide mechanical and bio filtration.
But it cannot provide storage for extra rocks or frags.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
"all the equipment has to be in the Display Tank"
that's the answer for this thread. Canister filter will provide mechanical and bio filtration.
But it cannot provide storage for extra rocks or frags.
My canister filter does not take up any room at all. It's not in side my rank. Not sure how that's releavant

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I'm meant not inside my tank.. canister sits out side the tank

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
My canister filter does not take up any room at all. It's not in side my rank. Not sure how that's releavant
I think they may have been referring to things that would normally be hidden in the sump, ie. heaters, controller/monitor probes, macro algaes etc., have to go in the dt when using canister filters. Heaters are the only thing I ever hid in my sump, so I'm going to use hydor inline heaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I think they may have been referring to things that would normally be hidden in the sump, ie. heaters, controller/monitor probes, macro algaes etc., have to go in the dt when using canister filters. Heaters are the only thing I ever hid in my sump, so I'm going to use hydor inline heaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I guess so but they really don't take up much room

BigReefer

Super Active Member
Lots of people use canisters. I'm one of them my nitrate levels are perfect. I have a protein skimmer I do weekly water changes. Canisters are designed to create a healthy bacterial system. But keep in mind you need to clean the canister as recommended or yes it will be a problem . My system is more like driving a ford while other systems are like a porche but both still get ya there!!!!

cause everyone knows you need a chev !! just sayin