Apex Sky

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Hate to drum things up, but it is what I am best at lol. Apex Sky is basically the Ecotech Radion G5 and even advertises that it is compatible with all Radion mounting options. The best part is that the advertisement focuses on the older Radions and how Sky is better then Ecotechs old gear. I am sure it will work great with Apex gear, but it is 100% a knock off of Ecotech Radion G5 that was released last year.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Here is the info from Reefbuilders

SKY LED Announced by Neptune Systems

SKY-LED-diffuser-neptune-systems.jpeg

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Stealing the Radion mounting option was a great call. Sorry, I mean being 'compatible with other popular manufactures mounting options'. That way all the late model Radion users who where waiting on Apex compatibility to Radion again can now easily make the swap to Apex without buying more accessories.

What is up with the lack of red in the spectrum though? SKY vs G5Blue vs G5Pro. I understand that Red is important for photosynthesis but you don't want to over do it. It is also needed to bring out the deep reds in fish and coral.

186522326_10159284698110751_678303966496779110_n.jpg

Also just noted that they imported the Ecotech Coral Lab schemes. How can they claim that as the spectrums offered in the SKY is completely different then the Radions?

Untitled.png

It is a nice looking light, but Apex is late to the lighting game and spent years just to release a copy of all the other lighting companies. I will be interested to see par testing. I am surprised that BRS has not done it yet as they have been using the lights for a while now.