Any Deck Builders Here?

Kyle1970

Looking to redo our deck in the spring.
Want to do structure with PT but decking with Ipe or another like hardwood.
Our township requires CCMC sheet for any material used that is not PT or cedar.
I’ve tried every supplier I can find online to point me in the direction or find out how they are able to use as a building material and am not getting answers from anyone.
Any ideas here?

Kyle

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I've built a lot of decks in my day, never heard of the CCMC (?) sheet requirement, I mean, isn't there only one old drunk guy that oversees bylaw enforcement for your entire region? Just build what you want I say. :)

(The only CCM wood I've ever come across was in a hockey stick, maybe it's good I don't build decks any longer) ;)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Hope this helps. CCMC is an approval rating and pretty well all major brands are but here is a list from the dreaded GOV website... Hope it helps. First time I've been on in over 2 years(not in the hobby anymore) but have been in construction for 15yrs.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Hope this helps. CCMC is an approval rating and pretty well all major brands are but here is a list from the dreaded GOV website... Hope it helps. First time I've been on in over 2 years(not in the hobby anymore) but have been in construction for 15yrs.

You'll get a new tank soon and you'll like it...or else.

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Still living off the grid somewhere in the bush or do you have a secret tank set up ?!