Super Active Member
photos taken by Lisa Seguin....

Photography by Lisa
link -

www.facebook.com/pages/photography-by-lisa/108572812563309

C

crazybizzle

teebone110 link said:
Nice work! Are you dosing kalk or 2 part? Looking good!!

thats the thing i cant believe? he dosnt dose anything except a squirt once in awhile of kent calicium, as soon as he adds rocks BAM in a week comptetly purple really pisses me off

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
I dont dose anything. I used liquid calcium to raise my levels a while ago, scrape the coraline off a rock and then bam it took over. Within a month of setting up thos tank with tap water, yea i said it, TAP WATER.... i had coraline growing all over the glass. Levels just stay right for some reason. I havent tested my water in prib 6 months lol. I am however getting a mini cycle now due to adding 30 lbs of rock that was live, so die off is causing diatoms but i just water change every 3 weeks 20 gallons n skim like mad. Scrape rocks n powerheads daily. KISS... keep it simple stupid... Its working for me!

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Lol no no i use ro water for changes. Ibdid however fill the tank initially with all tap water and nothing bad happened. I have more diatoms now from rock than i did with tap water.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
lol..good stuff. I believe most of the concern with tap water is continued usage. as you add water from evap. and whatnot, the crap that isnt biodegradable stays in, and slowely creeps up to more dangerous levels. Initial fill up...no biggy really, as long as you got decent tap water.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
My mini cycle i think... Reason i want to dose vsv. I never had it this bad until new rock was intro'd. Ugh... Never ends....
4ac609a2-b9ce-47c8.jpg

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Prior to the 135 the tank was in a 55 and was apprix 10 months old. In total im about just over a year for Rock, 55 galls of water and most corals. 135 is about 3 months old now. I had to intro about 90 gals of new salt water for tge buold. Im hoping ita not new tank syndrome. Bio is well established as i recently added about 30 lbs of rock. Thats when this got real bad. Beforw i had to scrape about once a week...

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
looks like a new tank syndrome (diatoms)to me,the rock you added started a cycle and my best guess would be try to be paitient,keep up your maitanance,what are your phosphates?flow is good?no dead spots?do you feed heavy?

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
I hve lots of flow, minimal dead spots, feed flake and pellets twice a day. Do a 10 gallon wc every other week, and thats it. I want to buy a wavemaker to help with flow but 300 bucks is alot right now... I just keep scraping and changing filter socks... Skimming and thats it

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
myself i would keep waiting some,the tank is 3 months running with mature rock and water but the addition of the rock,and I'm sure there must be the nutrients to feed it(phosphate,nitrate),will stabilize once the fuel it feeds on runs out.conches,hermit crabs i read help somewhat.i had some with the current tank at first but running the sock sure helped for me,you got a reactor with GFO running?maybe there is something other than the rock new you added?

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
No reactor... Nithing new just rock... Do you think vsv will help reduce my no3 and po4? Or wait it out?