What's Your Tds Reading Before Di?

Skim

www.apswater.com/calcs.asp?Feed_conductivity=300&Product_conductivity=20

This site will help tell you how efficient your Membrane is, just fill in the blanks. Pre filters can have a large range in what size and % of efficiency that they are. You may have say a 5 Micron filter but still let 10 - 15 Micron through, because they are not Absolute rated so even the 1 Micron filters can let 5 - 10 micron through. It may not be a big thing but those larger particulates can cause the Carbon Blocks to not work properly or shorten its usefulness. There is only one that I could find that is Absolute 1 Micron, which means nothing larger than 1 Micron and larger will pass through. I believe from what I read a while back was prefilters on average will have 80% efficiency, unless they are Absolute rated. This Filter is Absolute rated.

View Larger Image

Excelpure 9 7/8" 1 Micron Absolute Pleated Filter part # PLA10-01
SKU: PLA10-01
List Price: $19.75
the_water_guy_rewards_program_new.png

Your Price: $16.97
Your Savings: $2.78
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Quantity:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Available & Ships in 1 - 3 days
Rewards points qualified
Earn: 3.39 Rewards Points (spend like cash!)
spacer.gif

• Overview
  • Tell a Friend
ExcelPlus/Excelpure by Waterite Technologies

Part Number: PLA10-01 or PLA10-01

Guaranteed 100% removal to 1 micron.

Features:

• Synthetic filter media (cellulose free) is bacteria resistant and free of binders or additives which may cause foaming
  • Washable
  • Provides an increased surface area and longer life.
  • Pleated for greater surface area, low pressure drop, and extended life
  • 1 micron absolute and 0.35 micron ratings use a multi-ply laminate for particle retention. Ideal for Cryptosporidium and Girdia cysts reduction to 99.9%
Specifications

• Filter Media: 100% chemical resistant Polypropylene, Polyester and PET, with no binders or additives
  • Dimensions: 9 7/8" (L) × 2½" (D)
  • Flow Rates (max): 7 GPM
  • Micron Rating: 1 micron absolute
Water Filter Equivalent Brands: * The following Culligan, Ametek, USFilter, Pentek, Waterite, and Plymouth Products.

Water Filter Cartridge also fits Cuno, AquaPure, Omni, Sears, Fulflo, Teledyne Water Pik, Ace, Master Plumber, Flotec, Honeywell, General Electric, American Plumber, and most other water filter housings for 10" x 2.5" filters

I have been using one for about 3 months now and all seems to fine. I use a BRS 1 Micron in front and then the BRS Universal Block after so I run 2 pre filter before the 1 Carbon Block. I have 345 into RO Membrane and 5 out which gives me a 99% rejection rating. The only Membrane I can recommend is the DOW Filmtec Membranes specially the 75 Gal/day which now carries a 99% rating. Anything over 10 is considered BAD on the TDS out from Membrane.
Now if you think this is just too much then you can save and use your used up Carbon blocks as Pre Filter units before your new Carbon blocks that you install, that way you don't have to buy any Pre filter units anymore, as your Carbon Block s used up switch it out with the Pre Filter, may be used up as a Absorbant but it still will filter to what ever it is labeled as, well with in the 80 % average. I have the original DOW 75 gal/day Membranes and they are going on 3 years now and I am still getting a 99% rejection rating.

Josh

130 in london
5 out of my ro/di. no easy way to check between membranes.

Yeah in line seems like best approach. I got the hand held because i work on some big gas steam generators to test the supply water. You know cause i needed it for work....... :D